Asking for Bike Lift recommendations

EdVille

Does anyone have recommendations for a bike lift (pneumatic, scissor type) that I can use to help me bring my ebike in the back of the SUV for transport? Requirements are: 1) must be less than 10 in. initial height so I can easily slide it under the Bosch motor, 2) must be able to lift the bike at least 30 in. and 3) must weigh less than my ebike (50 lbs).
Or does does anyone have a better system? I don't really want to buy those rear bike racks :(.
Thank you in advance for your input!

There are motorcycle hydraulic lifts as you describe, except for the unit weight. I have two, one from H-D and another from Craftsman. They are designed to lift in the 1/2 to 3/4 ton range. They roll easy and operate easy with the foot, but are heavy. There might be more portable units use for race day motocross that might be a lot lighter. If I were looking for what you describe, I'd search for a lightweight, portable motorcycle lift.

Does anyone have recommendations for a bike lift (pneumatic, scissor type) that I can use to help me bring my ebike in the back of the SUV for transport? Requirements are: 1) must be less than 10 in. initial height so I can easily slide it under the Bosch motor, 2) must be able to lift the bike at least 30 in. and 3) must weigh less than my ebike (50 lbs).
Or does does anyone have a better system? I don't really want to buy those rear bike racks :(.
Thank you in advance for your input!
http://www.matjack.com/index.html

There are motorcycle hydraulic lifts as you describe, except for the unit weight. I have two, one from H-D and another from Craftsman. They are designed to lift in the 1/2 to 3/4 ton range. They roll easy and operate easy with the foot, but are heavy. There might be more portable units use for race day motocross that might be a lot lighter. If I were looking for what you describe, I'd search for a lightweight, portable motorcycle lift.

Thanks, J. R.! What I forgot to mention is that I need to be able to transport it with the bike. So size also matters.

Ooops, so sorry, I should have said hydraulic (not pneumatic). My bad:(

If you aren't talking about trying to load a folded bike then consider using an alloy motorcycle ramp (you'll only need one) that will give you a shallow grade to be able to roll the bike into the SUV using the 5mph walking throttle. Most of those type of ramps are lightweight & foldable, so once you're done, the ramp breaks down for easy transport and storage. I'm making an assumption here but the walking (5mph) throttle should be adequate energy to push the bike up the ramp while you guide it.

Used this type of system for years to load & offload ebikes & escooters up to 150lbs on my small pickup truck by myself. Just an idea :)

Edville I think you will find most of the motorcycle/dirt bike lifts are as heavy or heavier than the bike, and are not very small
Search Amazon for dirt bike lift, it seems like there might have been some that weigh like 15-20 pounds and have a smaller footprint but I could not figure out how I could balance the bike on them especially if they are that light

But I was also looking at all this for two different applications than yours- not for trying to lift something into an SUV

think Ann has the right idea with the ramp, I have a lightweight folding dog ramp and I use it sometimes with my big truck to put a bike on the back

If you aren't talking about trying to load a folded bike then consider using an alloy motorcycle ramp (you'll only need one) that will give you a shallow grade to be able to roll the bike into the SUV using the 5mph walking throttle. Most of those type of ramps are lightweight & foldable, so once you're done, the ramp breaks down for easy transport and storage. I'm making an assumption here but the walking (5mph) throttle should be adequate energy to push the bike up the ramp while you guide it.

Used this type of system for years to load & offload ebikes & escooters up to 150lbs on my small pickup truck by myself. Just an idea :)

Hi Ann-Most ebikes sold in the US do not have the walk assist option activated due to legislation in the US blocking that functionality. Court has also indicated that feature is not enabled on ebikes like Felt etc. I have the same issues with loading on/off my hitch ramp mounted on the back of my vehicle. Any idea who sells the ramps. I think I need to jimmy rig one for my SportRack. Thanks though!

Back