Non-hitch bike rack for two 35lb ebikes

I got a 1.25 Kurt hitch installed at Uhaul on my 2022 Hyundai Kona EV. Perfect fit. Under $300 US for parts and labor. Great for my 1UP rack carrying one 60 lb ebike. If I needed to carry 2 bikes, I would get a 2 inch receiver and a bigger SUV or truck. I was advised not to put a 2 inch receiver on my Kona...
I got a bid from Rackattack for a Kurt 13409 for the Subaru Forester 1999 for around $500 installed. Sound about right?

But then they suggested a $1000 Thule rack which is way out of my range. For 2 Velotric ebikes, 35 lbs each I am sure I can do better.

I got a bid from Rackattack for a Kurt 13409 for the Subaru Forester 1999 for around $500 installed. Sound about right?

But then they suggested a $1000 Thule rack which is way out of my range. For 2 Velotric ebikes, 35 lbs each I am sure I can do better.
$500 installed sounds about right/retail to my ears....I'd try for a discount if it were me.

Racks....that is another story. I told you before.....I was on this topic earlier this week and posted this https://forums.electricbikereview.com/threads/1up-usa-racks-im-a-fan.54157/

I have installed 2 e-trailer hitches, on a honda odyssey and a ford ranger. Very easy, high quality hitches, i would recommend them to everyone. $168 for the forester.

Attachments

• IMG_4423.jpeg
    IMG_4423.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 62
I have installed 2 extrailer hitches, on a honda odyssey and a ford ranger. Very easy, high quality hitches, i would recommend them to everyone. $168 for the forester.
This!!!

Edit: "Exhaust must be lowered for installation". This job became too big for me.

Sounds high. Check with your Uhaul dealer.

This!!!

Edit: "Exhaust must be lowered for installation". This job became too big for me.
Don't believe it. On the odyssey i had to take loose the last hanger so the pipe could move 1” out of the way, but that was all. I installed the odyssey hitch by myself, lying on the driveway under the car. I’m 72. They have very good videos on the webpage, and there are usually youtube videos available. Are you the kind of person who swaps out aftermarket components on your bike? How is this any different.

Back