As if the supply chain is not disrupted enough already

Alaskan

This does not bode well for timely delivery of frames and components from Asia to European Bicycle Manufacturers.

There is a big batteries company in Netherlands, Einhoven who sells batteries at a fair price, I do not remember its name.. maybe it's a better alternative

And more immediately worse than bike frames is the livestock filling some of the ships in the unmoving line.

I had a tip from Hong Kong a couple of months ago and purchased a stock of batteries. After these were in transit the new 2021 high-end cells all disappeared from the market. I doubt big bike companies will be able to fulfil to specification this Spring and Summer. They may need to use cheep 500-charge cells in expensive bikes. I have a very small conversion sideline, mostly for fun and helping the community. Please prove me wrong. The world needs electric bikes, now. I wonder to what extent BMS chips are affected.

There was a major battery shortage already but this will make it truly a critical issue. I’ve already waited over 5 months for my Bosch 625 wh spare battery.🤨
They might have to blow the damn thing up! $400 million an hour!?

Supply chain disruptions impacting almost everything right now.

In another thread, I mentioned that I bought the last turtle tank filter on the shelf from the aquarium store last week.

This week, our pool cleaning guy abandoned us. Interviewing new guys, and they all wanted more than double what our previous guy charged. Finally found someone who explained why: They can't get chlorine tablets. I guess there was a fire at one of the big factories, and they can't move stock to fill orders.

Not sure how I'll keep the pool clean this summer. May wind up boiling the water, but I think there might be energy (and time) consumption issues there, and I have a sense it's probably not good for the plaster.

Really glad my bike arrived and is being assembled at LBS w/ good 1000 cycle battery. Hopefully, between the two bikes, I'll be set for the next couple of years.

In another thread, I mentioned that I bought the last turtle tank filter on the shelf from the aquarium store last week.

This week, our pool cleaning guy abandoned us. Interviewing new guys, and they all wanted more than double what our previous guy charged. Finally found someone who explained why: They can't get chlorine tablets. I guess there was a fire at one of the big factories, and they can't move stock to fill orders.

Not sure how I'll keep the pool clean this summer. May wind up boiling the water, but I think there might be energy (and time) consumption issues there, and I have a sense it's probably not good for the plaster.

Really glad my bike arrived and is being assembled at LBS w/ good 1000 cycle battery. Hopefully, between the two bikes, I'll be set for the next couple of years.
Time to cover the pool........

Grab a salt converter now, or stock up on dollar store javex! ;-)

What if you swam in a Lotus Garden with Mosquito Fish this Summer? Glad you got your bike.

I’m very glad we listened to our LBS guy and ordered when we did early last fall. He said at the time that if we didn’t, it would be past April and it probably would’ve been far longer with all this stuff going on.

The EVERGREEN is carrying mostly wood pulp for toilet paper manufacturing and the importer is Del Haize group according to an agent I spoke with today from Tsakos shipping.

So no worries about e-bike components being delayed as most ships have been re-routed to sail around Cape Hope which only adds about 2 weeks delay.

Two added weeks isn’t so bad relatively speaking since so many people have been waiting six months or more for e-bikes or components.

Last edited:
The EVERGREEN is carrying mostly wood pulp for toilet paper manufacturing and the importer is Del Haize group according to an agent I spoke with today from Tsakos shipping.

So no worries about e-bike components being delayed as most ships have been re-routed to sail around Cape Hope which only adds about 2 weeks delay.

Two added weeks isn’t so bad relatively speaking since so many people have been waiting six months or more for e-bikes or components.
They put wood pulp in containers? Makes no sense. It's a bulk commodity.

It’s not what’s on that container ship, it’s all the ships that now can’t go through the Suez Canal. Can’t get through from either end.

It’s not what’s on that container ship, it’s all the ships that now can’t go through the Suez Canal. Can’t get through from either end.
Yes most of the ships instead of waiting have already started re-routing and taking the (very) long way around the tip of Africa.

Last edited:
They put wood pulp in containers? Makes no sense. It's a bulk commodity.
It’s a dry bulk carrier.

Dry bulk is the world’s largest freight market in terms of volume so it does make sense.

Unless someone figures out an easier and cheaper way to transport 180,000 DWT of dry bulk at one time ocean freight will remain the easiest and most economical way to transport dry bulk commodities.

Last edited:
Back