Are you waiting on a new ebike delivery? How long were you told it would take?

Dallant

Region
USA
I recently ordered a new Trek Allant+7 Lowstep and was told it would be a month. I’m just curious if you’ve recently received or are waiting to receive a new ebike and how long you’ve been waiting. Given the Corona complications, I’m concerned that deliveries will take longer than promised. I’m also wondering about spare or replacement batteries.

I've heard from several customers who visited local Trek stores, that Trek is saying April for the new 2021 models.

With any kind of shipment taking longer just due to shipping volumes, delays are very likely.

I ordered a 2021 Giant Explore e+ 1 and a 2021 Giant Amiti e+ 2 in August. Latest update is that the Explore is due late October and the Amiti is due late January. According to LBS Giant has 2021 frames built but delay is blamed on shortage of Shimano parts.

I've heard from several customers who visited local Trek stores, that Trek is saying April for the new 2021 models.
According to my Trek guy, our Lowstep should be a 2021. Guess we’ll see if it makes it in mid-October and if it’s a ‘21 model. The web site says that’s what model year they’re selling.
0BBAEB72-36F9-4C0A-BEC6-28D919EDBFC4.jpeg

Biktrix Stunner LT 20" was in-stock but the standard size battery was 4 weeks out. Had bike with battery within a couple of weeks.

Bolton Blackbird, scheduled for batch #3 November delivery. Batch #1 that was scheduled for August was actually supposed to be delivered to Kyle in July, so he told customers August to leave himself some wiggle room. It would be rare for someone to complain on early delivery! Batch #1 still hasn't shipped though. Numerous issues, the last of which was a front fork quality problem. A replacement had to be sourced, and should actually be a better one at no extra cost. Bikes are now scheduled to ship before the end of the month for batch #1. I believe those orders were placed in May and was sold out in the first weekend he listed it. That's quite a wait and missing a lot of riding time!! Don't know when batch #2 was opened for orders, but it also sold out. Scheduled for late September/ early October at time of purchase. Looking like they should arrive mid to late October. Batch #3 which sold out recently is slated to be on time in November.

Looks like I'll be using my 26yr old DB hard tail and trying to keep up with the wife during the fall rides!! Will make a change!!

Biktrix Stunner LT 20" was in-stock but the standard size battery was 4 weeks out. Had bike with battery within a couple of weeks.

Bolton Blackbird, scheduled for batch #3 November delivery. Batch #1 that was scheduled for August was actually supposed to be delivered to Kyle in July, so he told customers August to leave himself some wiggle room. It would be rare for someone to complain on early delivery! Batch #1 still hasn't shipped though. Numerous issues, the last of which was a front fork quality problem. A replacement had to be sourced, and should actually be a better one at no extra cost. Bikes are now scheduled to ship before the end of the month for batch #1. I believe those orders were placed in May and was sold out in the first weekend he listed it. That's quite a wait and missing a lot of riding time!! Don't know when batch #2 was opened for orders, but it also sold out. Scheduled for late September/ early October at time of purchase. Looking like they should arrive mid to late October. Batch #3 which sold out recently is slated to be on time in November.

Looks like I'll be using my 26yr old DB hard tail and trying to keep up with the wife during the fall rides!! Will make a change!!
Best of luck!

According to my Trek guy, our Lowstep should be a 2021. Guess we’ll see if it makes it in mid-October and if it’s a ‘21 model. The web site says that’s what model year they’re selling.
any changes to the design?

I purchased a RizeRX on August 10 I believe, I was told Sep delivery and the bike shipped yesterday.

Asked my LBS about our Lowstep and he said things are starting to move but he wouldn’t commit to any sooner delivery date.

I initially ordered a 2021 Giant Explore e+ 1 Pro GTS and a 2021 Giant Amiti e+ 2. Ended up changing the Amiti order to an Explore e+ 1 STA last week. Got an update today that the estimated GTS eta is end of next week and the STA in three weeks. Let‘s hope it’s accurate. Might actually get a ride in before the snow flies. 🚴 ❄️

Our new Allant+7 Lowstep is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Originally it was supposed to be here on the 19th. Still haven’t seen the spare 625wh battery. Will update when it arrives.

Back