Archon X1 Programming Thread (questions and experiences)

hi riders,

I am krasnodar from Innotrace. I am sorry that our internal company problems caused a lot of problems for our customers. this should not be the way how internal problems are handled.

in addition I was discredited and some things were reported by our company staff that are not true.

since a while Innotrace sold motors and controllers with controller hardware that was not subject to my quality control and software/firmware unknown to me. if you notice any problems with your motor/controller, please do not hesitate to contact me. our server had to be taken offline due to unauthorized access - making x1tool useless. work is still in progress to bring the server back online as soon as possible. up to this point of time I will be available here for any questions you may have.

please note that hacking x1tool software could lead to unforeseeable consequences, damages and loss of any support. also possibility of any firmware updates and further upcoming exciting features is not available with hacked software.

krasnodar
Intend to release the full software for us to use or just fix what was available before ? Also the radio silence until now is extremely disheartening need to have a better more open line of communication with your customers when stuff like this happens. Any ETA ? And will cords be made again for WW customers still waiting for there cords and program access ?

Intend to release the full software for us to use or just fix what was available before ? Also the radio silence until now is extremely disheartening need to have a better more open line of communication with your customers when stuff like this happens. Any ETA ? And will cords be made again for WW customers still waiting for there cords and program access ?
first of all, an attempt was made to clarify the discrepancies internally in a reasonable manner, as this does not belong in the public domain. It was never my intention to frustrate or unsettle customers. This should never have happened in this way.

of course I will not abandon the users of my software. You will be able to access my server again soon. Until then it has to be clarified how customers with firmware unknown to me can be helped in a fast and uncomplicated way.

Well, this may have taken a turn for the worse… VESC Tool is GNU GPL3 licensed open source, which could certainly put Krasnodar and/or Innotrace in some legal hot water, as creating a derivative non-open-source work is completely disallowed under the GPL, while they are required to make source available if using any GPL code.

At this point, I’m wondering who did the hardware design, or if it too is a VESC-based controller or based on a VESC reference design..?
If X1Tool is indeed VESC-based, it’s possible someone in the VESC community, or perhaps the VESC author/lead (Vedder) could be persuaded, although I’d expect him to charge Innotrace if so. There could wind up a surprise silver lining if VESCTool were ported to the Innotrace controller - desktop and mobile apps, etc.
Regarding the GPL violations I am accused of, I would like to say the following: The firmware I released for sale does not contain any parts or links of opensource source code. The source code of my firmware is therefore not a derived work of an opensource source code and is therefore not subject to the GPL V3 or any other opensource license.

Whether this is also true for the firmware sold without my release and without my knowledge, I cannot assure. I assume that they are just trying to put me under pressure to get my sources.

first of all, an attempt was made to clarify the discrepancies internally in a reasonable manner, as this does not belong in the public domain. It was never my intention to frustrate or unsettle customers. This should never have happened in this way.

of course I will not abandon the users of my software. You will be able to access my server again soon. Until then it has to be clarified how customers with firmware unknown to me can be helped in a fast and uncomplicated way.
Hello Krasnodar. Thank you for the update. The firmware flashed on the controller is displayed in the left bottom corner of the X1 Tool, so figuring out the firmware version should not be the problem.

1682346710874.png

Unfortunately, I cannot say anything about this firmware version. It is definitely not a version that was released by me. I will not be able to update this version via the server. For an update I would need the engine here.

Unfortunately, I cannot say anything about this firmware version. It is definitely not a version that was released by me. I will not be able to update this version via the server. For an update I would need the engine here.
OK. That's likely not the problem in my case. It looks like all I need is to have access to the X1 Tool utility "master" functions to lift the maximum amperage from 5A to 60A on my controller. The X1 Tool utility has those functions when you log in under "master" login. So we need the unlocked version of the X1 Tool utility or running server and login with "master" account to adjust the maximum amperage on my controller. Is this something you are able to provide?

OK. That's likely not the problem in my case. It looks like all I need is to have access to the X1 Tool utility "master" functions to lift the maximum amperage from 5A to 60A on my controller. The X1 Tool utility has those functions when you log in under "master" login. So we need the unlocked version of the X1 Tool utility or running server and login with "master" account to adjust the maximum amperage on my controller. Is this something you are able to provide?
Hacked tools will not work and will not be able to get full performance. You will receive from me the official current firmware with your ordered performance.

Hacked tools will not work and will not be able to get full performance. You will receive from me the official current firmware with your ordered performance.
I am talking not about hacked X1 Tool. I am talking about the official X1 Tool you use to setup the motors. I live in the USA and delivering the motor here from Germany was quite challenging task. Sending the motor back to Germany is another quite challenging task. It will also leave me without my commuter bike I use to commute to work.

I am a mechanical engineer and I work with EE and FW engineers folk and I have access to EE lab and tools I have no problems to execute the firmware update myself on the controller. If you can explain how you do it and can provide the files I can do it myself. If it requires building a custom connector or a jig to connect a flashing device I can do it too.

Never intended to frustrate or unsettle customers? What did you think would happen? I appreciate krasnodar chiming in here, but the bullshit seems pretty deep. It's just a friggin' aftermarket controller and some software to tune it. Unintended consequences of using the hacked tool? Software for sale? What??? How many controllers are out there? Probably a few hundred at best. There is no fortune to be made here, seems to me like someone tried to play poker with a bad hand and everyone lost.

Everyone that contracted for X1 services before you left the company is shut down too.
It's your server; you shut it down and keep it off line.
Now, we're PwrMotors clients, an assignment of innotrace's rights and your responsibility ?
Whew !!! Thank you for clarifying. I know this'll work out for the best.

WW just can't seem to catch a break. They took the initiative to bring the controller to the US, paid for UL licensing for the exclusive, and now along with all their other problems they have to deal with this nonsense. Maybe it's karma for overcharging for the controller, seems like everyone with their hand in the pot here from innotrace to WW to the software developer were just greedy, so disappointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
WW just can't seem to catch a break. They took the initiative to bring the controller to the US, paid for UL licensing for the exclusive, and now along with all their other problems they have to deal with this nonsense. Maybe it's karma for overcharging for the controller, seems like everyone with their hand in the pot here from innotrace to WW to the software developer were just greedy fucks, so disappointing.
All this is a damn shame cause the bike itself is a really nice piece of gear I love my hydra but all this extra BS is just so unnecessary. I think I was one of the last few to receive a hydra and it's been a great fuckin bike but damn this is all very extra. My communication line to WW however has been pretty decent but they are as in the dark as we are it seems.

Yeah, I was one of the first to get the controller in the US a few years ago. I've had little desire to reprogram it, works great for me, but I just wanted smooth performance at lower PAS, and higher efficiency, never cared about higher power. I never understood the hold up on the programming cable and software though. How hard could it be?

Yeah, I was one of the first to get the controller in the US a few years ago. I've had little desire to reprogram it, works great for me, but I just wanted smooth performance at lower PAS, and higher efficiency, never cared about higher power. I never understood the hold up on the programming cable and software though. How hard could it be?
Well with the clear internal fighting it appears very hard 😂 I'm just now trying to find what people set there programming levels at for a really smooth tune. My biggest issue was the lower level throttle is weak for a guy my size and I hate having to bump the pas up to have decent throttle .

It is not hard. You just need the bypassed X1 Tool from here https://electricbikereview.com/foru...ions-and-experiences.40034/page-8#post-596912

And a FTDI FT232R USB to serial adapter https://electricbikereview.com/foru...ions-and-experiences.40034/page-9#post-597829

Detailed pictures how to deal with the adapter https://electricbikereview.com/foru...ons-and-experiences.40034/page-10#post-599002

How to connect https://electricbikereview.com/foru...ons-and-experiences.40034/page-11#post-599055

How to setup the settings

You will have access to the same settings as all the users with regular account when the X1 Tool server was working

Last edited:
Well with the clear internal fighting it appears very hard 😂 I'm just now trying to find what people set there programming levels at for a really smooth tune. My biggest issue was the lower level throttle is weak for a guy my size and I hate having to bump the pas up to have decent throttle .
If you use the throttle, bike reverts to Class 2 mode - no pedal assist, 20mph max.
Not using throttle, bike is exclusively Class 3 (pedal assist up to 28mph)
Using a domino throttle, I added resistors in the circuit that decrease the onset lag, increase the range and smooth the power curve.
When you're in SP modes (off-road) throttle exceeds ECO firmware settings for on-road.
I can't say thumb throttles can be so tuned, it's possible.
From screenshots members posted it appears settings to circumvent the Eco mode firmware to full throttle are not available.
That could have been X1's limited to any wattage, entirely different from the '3000watt' firmware or lacking access to it.
Actually, I don't even know for sure with my X1 '2300watt' machine - with the creator telling us it'll void our warranty/ could damage the programming, I'm leery of trying to find out. My buzzard luck, a week later my bike takes a s*it and my summer's set back.
Blessed, the Watt-Wagoneers having set up the X1 programming pretty nice for me.
On take-off using throttle in Eco 3 and up, or any SP mode the bike fully extends the fork and lifts the front wheel if not careful and even if I am, so I switch to those modes only while on the move.
You can program for more or less onset/ cut-off current - accepting the virtues and drawbacks, but I think what you are looking for is longer range. That's resistors. PM me I'll send you some good info stuff.
Sorry to digress from the thread. It does tie together.

Fn'F

Last edited:
It is not hard. You just need the bypassed X1 Tool from here https://electricbikereview.com/foru...ions-and-experiences.40034/page-8#post-596912

And a FTDI FT232R USB to serial adapter https://electricbikereview.com/foru...ions-and-experiences.40034/page-9#post-597829

Detailed pictures how to deal with the adapter https://electricbikereview.com/foru...ons-and-experiences.40034/page-10#post-599002

How to connect https://electricbikereview.com/foru...ons-and-experiences.40034/page-11#post-599055

How to setup the settings

You will have access to the same settings as all the users with regular account when the X1 Tool server was working
Except the X1 creator - who's already demonstrated he'll slash and burn everyone to the ground brook little dissent - say's it voids HIS warranty, prohibits any X1 upgrades and can damage our X1 programming.
It's worth the risk if you have nothing to lose.

That's why need to use the official firmware and the flashing method Krasnodar uses.

Alternative solution for my case will be if Krasnodar will turn the server on for limited time frame (if Krasnodar is afraid the server can be attacked by hackers), then he will create a temporary "master" account for me and will provide me the account and the time frame when I can use it with the official X1 Tool from the Innotrace website. I will use this temporary "master" account within the limited time frame and set the necessary maximum power on my controller then Krasnodar will turn the server down again and will terminate the temporary "master" account.

I would love to keep both warrantyes, from Innotrace and from Krasnodar - this doubles my chances for support.

Last edited:
That's why need to use the official firmware and the flashing method Krasnodar uses.

Alternative solution for my case will be if Krasnodar will turn the server on for limited time frame (if Krasnodar is afraid the server can be attacked by hackers), then he will create a temporary "master" account for me and will provide me the account and the time frame when I can use it with the official X1 Tool from the Innotrace website. I will use this temporary "master" account within the limited time frame and set the necessary maximum power on my controller then Krasnodar will turn the server down again and will terminate the temporary "master" account.

I would love to keep both warrantyes, from Innotrace and from Krasnodar - this doubles my chances for support.
Yes. We trusted him and his creation. Helping those stuck with critical needs ?
That's good-will. Documented on forums, a legacy of integrity.
He gained respect when he publicly came forward - acknowledging his capabilities, he seems capable of what you lay out.
The warranty's would void each other. lol.

So give us a real date the servers will be working again if you don't want people using the hacked software. Not "soon" which has been said to people for over a year about cords and months upon months about the servers. Give us a date.

Back