App Giant RideControl

If you have an Android phone, you can try downloading an older version of the app from here:

I'm using 1.4.2 and it's working... Most of the time.

Be sure to download the apk installer from the same site, and turn off auto updates.

I get the humble feeling that the app/server is no longer accepting new logins. I was logged in on 1.4.5 and uninstalled that to try an older version.
No version allows me to login anymore, not even the 1.4.5 I was logged in with.
Nor does the "forgot password" function work.
I think it's dead Jim...

I get the humble feeling that the app/server is no longer accepting new logins. I was logged in on 1.4.5 and uninstalled that to try an older version.
No version allows me to login anymore, not even the 1.4.5 I was logged in with.
Nor does the "forgot password" function work.
I think it's dead Jim...
I hope that when (if) they get their new app up and running, the data will still be there.

In the meantime, you'll probably have to use a different app (I use Map My Ride as backup) to log your rides, and guess at battery level based on the number of bars showing :mad:.

I've made it a practice to screen shot my rides before I upload, so I've got a record somewhere.

I hope that when (if) they get their new app up and running, the data will still be there.

In the meantime, you'll probably have to use a different app (I use Map My Ride as backup) to log your rides, and guess at battery level based on the number of bars showing :mad:.

I've made it a practice to screen shot my rides before I upload, so I've got a record somewhere.
Been using Strava since day 1 as the Giant app had not arrived yet. :)

If you have an Android phone, you can try downloading an older version of the app from here:

I'm using 1.4.2 and it's working... Most of the time.

Be sure to download the apk installer from the same site, and turn off auto updates.
I have iPhone.

Got the same problem this morning. Got logged out of my iPhone ride control app now I cannot get logged back in ☹️ Also tried an android and got the same message ☹️

Just tried mine. Works the same, but all I use it for at this point is battery levels.

No I didn't, and don't plan to either. I was just confirming that no Server Side logout was initiated to my account. The very limited functionality of the product will have to do for now. I hope the issues you're experiencing are indeed a precursor to a system update.

Don’t blame you for that. I got a check failed message when check the software version on the bike so I logged out to see if that fixed the problem. Only now I can’t get logged back in on either i0s or android 😔

Back