Anyone using the schwalbe Supreme 2.0 Tire

Mo743

Anyone tried the schawlbe supreme 2.0 on their ST1
Bikes would like to know how it fits and rides since they cost almost 90.00 apiece and we ride the best e-bikes in the world any input would be appriciated

Anyone tried the schawlbe supreme 2.0 on their ST1
Bikes would like to know how it fits and rides since they cost almost 90.00 apiece and we ride the best e-bikes in the world any input would be appriciated

@John ware has Marathon Supreme on his ST2, I believe.

The supreme was developed in 2011 to address the issue of weight in Marathon Plus tires.
Both Marathon and Marathon Plus are heavy (but you don't notice it on an E-bike) but if if you're on a pedal bike, you would notice. So, that's how the tire came about. Hence the hefty price.

I wouldn't bother with it. Both Marathon and M+ are cheaper and work much better.

I put 1.75 Marathon Plus tires on my Stromer ST2. Normal tire width is 2.15. The 1.75, from my perspective, works very well. I keep the PSI between 60 and 70 PSI.

The supreme was developed in 2011 to address the issue of weight in Marathon Plus tires.
Both Marathon and Marathon Plus are heavy (but you don't notice it on an E-bike) but if if you're on a pedal bike, you would notice. So, that's how the tire came about. Hence the hefty price.

I wouldn't bother with it. Both Marathon and M+ are cheaper and work much better.
Thanks Ravi just the looks of that tire made me want them but I don't know if I wanted to spend 85.00 for each

Actually I was using the Schwalbe Marathon Deluxe skins. They were a little pricey but nice and somewhat different. They also provided lots additional fender to tire clearance. Here are the notes I took last August while I was trying them out

Tire Experiment

My ST2 was filthy today so I hoisted it up in the garage and did a thorough clean and shine.

Since I had it set up to work on I decided it was time for my tire experiment to begin.

Since getting a flat the first night out on a ride (looked to be a tiny thumbtack) I've been looking at alternative tires. I also felt like I could benefit from a little more fender/tire clearance.

After looking at lots of options I settled on and bought a pair of Schwalbe Marathon Deluxe tires in a 26x2.0 size as opposed to the 2.15 of the Stromer flavor Big Bens.

http://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/road_tires/marathon_deluxe

Visually I really like the reflective sidewall and the tires are not nearly as balloon like as the Big Bens. They look noticeably smaller than the mere .15 the specs call out.

My initial impression after a quick 10 mile test is a wait and see attitude. The ride quality did not suffer noticeably, perhaps a little more road shock from bumps but I'd be hard pressed to pick which tire was rougher in a blind "taste test". The tire does seem to roll faster even when inflated at similar pressure as the Big Bens, around 35-37psi.

Probably the biggest difference is the handling characteristics of the two tires. The Big Bens have that softer, forgiving slowness to them while the Marathon Deluxes feel more responsive, firm and quicker to react. Overall I'd say the bike feels more agile and nimble.

I can't decide if I like that new found agility or not yet. So for the moment I think I'll put a couple of hundred miles on them and see how i feel. The Big Bens aren't going anywhere and the swap out is fairly painless.

Okay, so in September I decided I liked the the softer Big Bens but I loved the look of the reflective stripes on the Marathon Deluxe so I wasted even more money and bought a pair of the non Stromer Big Bens that include the reflective stripe (thanks to New Wheel in SF for the tip and assistance swapping them out after I hosed my rear axle).

I now have enough spare tires to last out the decade and at night I looks like I have these great white wall tires.

image.jpeg

Actually I was using the Schwalbe Marathon Deluxe skins. They were a little pricey but nice and somewhat different. They also provided lots additional fender to tire clearance. Here are the notes I took last August while I was trying them out

Tire Experiment

My ST2 was filthy today so I hoisted it up in the garage and did a thorough clean and shine.

Since I had it set up to work on I decided it was time for my tire experiment to begin.

Since getting a flat the first night out on a ride (looked to be a tiny thumbtack) I've been looking at alternative tires. I also felt like I could benefit from a little more fender/tire clearance.

After looking at lots of options I settled on and bought a pair of Schwalbe Marathon Deluxe tires in a 26x2.0 size as opposed to the 2.15 of the Stromer flavor Big Bens.

http://www.schwalbetires.com/bike_tires/road_tires/marathon_deluxe

Visually I really like the reflective sidewall and the tires are not nearly as balloon like as the Big Bens. They look noticeably smaller than the mere .15 the specs call out.

My initial impression after a quick 10 mile test is a wait and see attitude. The ride quality did not suffer noticeably, perhaps a little more road shock from bumps but I'd be hard pressed to pick which tire was rougher in a blind "taste test". The tire does seem to roll faster even when inflated at similar pressure as the Big Bens, around 35-37psi.

Probably the biggest difference is the handling characteristics of the two tires. The Big Bens have that softer, forgiving slowness to them while the Marathon Deluxes feel more responsive, firm and quicker to react. Overall I'd say the bike feels more agile and nimble.

I can't decide if I like that new found agility or not yet. So for the moment I think I'll put a couple of hundred miles on them and see how i feel. The Big Bens aren't going anywhere and the swap out is fairly painless.

Okay, so in September I decided I liked the the softer Big Bens but I loved the look of the reflective stripes on the Marathon Deluxe so I wasted even more money and bought a pair of the non Stromer Big Bens that include the reflective stripe (thanks to New Wheel in SF for the tip and assistance swapping them out after I hosed my rear axle).

I now have enough spare tires to last out the decade and at night I looks like I have these great white wall tires.

View attachment 4845
Beautiful bike. I thought they looked strange at first, but I've grown to love the reflective sidewalls. It's amazing how visable they are in many situations.
How do you like the Body Float? My Thudbuster rattles like crazy, I'm not happy with it's durability.
I need to see if I can adapt my Turbo tail light to one of my old Brooks seats, I miss that molded to your own booty fit of broken in Brooks saddle!

I'm sold on the Body Float seat post; in fact I'm looking at adding one to my traditional vintage Trek touring bike as well.

Ravi what size Marathon Plus do you use? The 26x2 doesn't have the E-Bike 50 rating but the 26x1.75 does. Will there be a problem fitting the smaller tire?

Ravi what size Marathon Plus do you use? The 26x2 doesn't have the E-Bike 50 rating but the 26x1.75 does. Will there be a problem fitting the smaller tire?

I use M+ on my Easy Motion bike 700x45C.
On my ST2, I have been using the stock Big Bens and they are pretty solid.
Re: ECE-R rating of 26x2 tire, I had inquired about this with Schwalbe personnel at Interbike.
The ECE-R ratings are done only for the most popular sizes but there should not be any difference quality-wise.

I use M+ on my Easy Motion bike 700x45C.
On my ST2, I have been using the stock Big Bens and they are pretty solid.
Re: ECE-R rating of 26x2 tire, I had inquired about this with Schwalbe personnel at Interbike.
The ECE-R ratings are done only for the most popular sizes but there should not be any difference quality-wise.
Thank you!

Back