Anyone use this tester?

Nvreloader

Western Nevada
Region
USA
I am thinking about getting one,
I dropped my new Uart motor and I need some way of testing it,
before I go to all the work of installing it, then finding out I broke something
and have to reinstall the Can motor.

Your thoughts and suggestions......
Tia,

It appears it may be for hub motors only. You have a hub or mid-drive?

I have one. Comes with no instructions. Have used it to verify the Hall sensors in a hub motor work. It can also test pedal and speed sensors and tell you of the controller is putting out power to then, .

If you connect a controller up like a hub motor, phases and sensors. it wil briefly flash LED's in a pattern to tell you that the controller transistors work, but the pattern depends on how you hook up the wires. You almost need a second good motor to give you the pattern as a control. I suppose if the controller couldn't spin a motor, you wouldn;t see any pattern.

In short, it's mainly a sensor tester and that can be convenient. It doesn't really act as an active motor load though, Be cool if it could.

NV has bafang ultra. He got two motors. Not sure why he switched canbusultra.
@Nvreloader. I wouldn't worry about checking it with unless the motor case crack.
Just Plug it in with all connections from battery to motor and do static tests using your display. Everything to your satisfaction then you go tourqe it.
Really like you really need a $20 tool.

Last edited:
Edit; Not sure why he switched to uart.
I want to switch this crappy Can motor over to Uart,
so I can program the Uart to better serve me on the way I ride rough trails.

This Can motor surges, has 2-5 seconds of overrun, pluses on and off,
sounds like a Brush Hog/weed whacker/coffee grinders, and in plain English,
is rude, crude and socially unacceptable, ..It's awful.
And this blasted motor keeps on running..................like that Bunny...

I really can't print what I want to call it, as this is a respectable site.

+1 on the UART motor.
Match that with a KT controller and display, and you can customize it to your liking.

The "Imitation Torque Control" is AWESOME !!

For my every day ride I'm satisfied with the Canbus motor. It's factory tuned.
It's almost similar to riding a two stroke dirt bike.

Another school of thought, the manufacturer set the bike up a particular way that is good for most. My thought is, “but, it can be better if….”.

I rode a few different two stroke dirt bikes back when I was a teenager and I didn't like the power band.
I didn't like the lack of control with the throttle, so I bought a four stroke dirt bike. (1982 Honda XR200R)

Another school of thought, the manufacturer set the bike up a particular way that is good for most. My thought is, “but, it can be better if….”.

Exactly !!
I set up my controller to turn the power way down to conserve battery and get as much range as possible from a charge.
I only go 6 kph in first "Throttle Gear" and I can slow it down to 3 kph or less with less throttle.

I can easily pull over and change the settings on my display and get the full 25 amps to my motor if I want.

I don't want some proprietary company locking me out of the settings.
I decide for myself what is optimal.

The KT controller allows you to set 1, 2, or 3 stage gradual acceleration to remove the surge of power that apparently the factory seems to think everybody wants.

I can still change my settings in about 15 seconds, with the display, to give me full power the instant that I touch the throttle, but I don't ride in traffic and don't need that kind of lurching acceleration.

For my every day ride I'm satisfied with the Canbus motor. It's factory tuned.
His was an early buy when the Canbus was first released and many were complaining.
I believe the later releases Bafang did a better job with the manufacturer tune as the complaints lessened.
Or maybe it just needs a bubble bath 🙃

Or maybe it just needs a bubble bath 🙃

I've had my e-bike for a year now and I've only washed it once, but only because I kinda had to.
No soap though. 😂

20230820_115713.jpg

I bought cheap $80 electric pressure washer for knock out mud on my bike. It shoots bubbles and warm water.No touch bike wash.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231202_110921_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202_110921_Photos.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 67
I don't like putting any water on my e-bike, and it's never seen rain.

I know that your e-bikes are "waterproof", but if you were to run your e-bike and get it hot, then ride through water that's up to your axles and motor, the metal quickly cools and creates a vacuum inside that can easily suck water past the seals.

The same thing can happen when you pressure wash your e-bike.

I hope you keep your pressurized water away from seals and bearings?

It is okay. My bike is engineered water tight. I pressure washed and compress air dry it.

Attachments

• 20210726_102708.jpg
    20210726_102708.jpg
    936.1 KB · Views: 80
My e-bike is inside for the winter now,..
I'm not going to clean it unless I remove my controller. 😂

20231202_165236.jpg

20231202_165905.jpg

It's more valuable if I don't remove the patina. 😂

Picture of my spare motor the case or block has thick walls
G Shock. Drop it like it's hot and it will be fit for use.

Attachments

• 20231202_123215.jpg
    20231202_123215.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 65
Picture of my spare motor the case or block has thick walls
G Shock. Drop it like it's hot and it will be fit for use.

It's not the G Shock from an impact that I'm talking about, it's the Temperature shock.

If that motor gets hot, the air inside expands under pressure and it leaks out through the grease and seals.
When the motor hits water, the temperature can drop very suddenly and create a vacuum inside the motor.
That vacuum can suck water into the motor. (It's happened to @m@Robertson )

Next time you take a used motor apart, check the seals, bearings and greases for any contamination or corrorosion.
See if anything got in past the seals.

PS,..
Your motor looks a little under-lubed to me?
I remember when you completely filled your motor with grease and @tomjasz laughed.
I said that you clogged it and the gears couldn't spin up.

I think that you need something in between the two extremes?

Maybe @tomjasz can comment on that?
I think that you need a bit more grease?

It is okay. My bike is engineered water tight.

I'll bet you ten dollars that if you take your ebike for a long hard ride and get it nice and warmed up, then ride it into that puddle and submerge your motor, you will suck water into your motor.

20210726_102708.jpg

If it gets wet inside, you will get $10 from me and a new motor from Biktrix!!

The engineers guarantee its waterproof !!

Back