Where is the problem located at?

Gromike
No, I haven't removed the fork, yet, this is a brand new bike with less than 300 miles on it. The front tire runs and tracks true, no wobbling or lopping etc.
I have never messed with front forks, yet.
Thanks,

I convert twenty year-old bikes to electric, so I have become used to taking everything apart and putting it back together, so I do understand your reluctance on a new bike.
Though issues with handling must be resolved one way or the other. And you don't want the other.

It still sounds like maybe something in the headset is not correct. Have you contacted Bitrix about this? They may have an idea based on past customer issues.

Not to be an insult. Just have to ask. When you adjusted the headset, you did loosen the side screws on the collar first.

If you get really desperate, rotate the tires,

Gromike
I completely agree with you, I also don't want the other way, as I don't heal like I used too, I am TOO old, I don't bounce any more,
I just go SPLAT...lol

Keith 69
I have contacted Biktwix, Roshan wants to see photo's loaded and unloaded of the bike, I just can't seem to get the photo's from my camera to his email etc, yet.

HarryS
No problem on this end,
When I checked and redid the head set clamp/bars, I removed everything on the top end, checked for broken bearings etc.
Reassembled in the order they came out, checked the HB stem to make sure there was enough compression space, put everything back together, tighten the long bolt, then tightened the 2 side bolts, (have over 1/8" of space).

Turn the wheel cross way, push/pulled the frame back and forth to make sure there was no movement between the the top/bottom of the stem etc. Checked the same as the Park video showed etc.
No movement/clicking felt or heard etc.

It seems to me, during this loading/riding etc, the more weight I have on the back basket, the worst it gets for the shacking/shimming of the HB etc.

I have several bags of shotgun pellets, 25#'s per bag, I am going to start off with 25#'s in the front, test, then add another 25#'s, test, to see/feel the results etc.

I'll have to look up the weight ratings, so I don't go over board etc.

Thanks Guys,

It seems to me, during this loading/riding etc, the more weight I have on the back basket, the worst it gets for the shacking/shimming of the HB etc.

That's exactly how my ebike was.

My ebike was fine until I tried to carry a second battery on my rear rack.
That's when the wobble started happening.
I removed the second battery and the wobble stopped.

Then the exact same thing happened with my new e-bike.

I'm focusing on getting my wheels balanced now.
Cars and motorcycles all need to get their wheels balanced, but I don't hear much about it in the cycling world.

With our big heavy ebike wheels, wheel balancing starts to play a bigger role.

I don’t see in the discussion yet if this happens when the bike does not have 45 pounds of cargo.

As others have mentioned I’d be concerned about the headset, h various bearings, trueness of wheels, etc. post a picture of the bike?

Check the trueness of the tire at the tread.
I had a wheel with a true rim but the tire was warped.
My tires have a line down the center of the tread to help measure accurately.

20240630_131139.jpg

If any weight ends up behind the rear axle, it lightens up the front end. That allows the front to wobble easier.

SHG
When I first got the Juggs 4 bike, I took a quick test ride on a back dirt road, I felt a very slight HB shimmy and thought it was the dirt rode.
I'll test with the same packs/loading as the paved bike trail, I know where is this section is....
Tia,

The same thing happened to me.

I had my tool bag strapped to the rear rack for over a year and only ever got an occasional slight shimmy.
The shimmy didn't go out of control until I strapped the heavier battery to the rack.

PC
Good Idea,
but it won't work for me, I have 8-10oz of Flat Out in each tire tube.
If I didn't have the Flat Out in the tubes, that should work OK. ymmv

If you do have a tire that is slightly out of round, the high spot on the tire is usually heavier.
I'm pretty sure that the FlatOut will gravitate to the heavy spot making it even heavier?

Keith 69
My phone is a:
Samsung Galaxy S10e and I use Imgbb as the photo uploader
Before I allowed a upgrade? I could post a photo, took me over an hour, but I'd finally get a photo posted here.
I tried for over 2 hrs a couple days ago and got nothing. So I quit as I was getting cross eyed.
There has to be a better way, as this electronic stuff and I DON'T play well together. Thanks

Starting at the top photo,
1. Unloaded bike general picture,
2. Unloaded front basket,
3. Unloaded rear basket, except for security cables/locks,
4. Loaded bike like it's normally ridden/used,
5. Right side view,
the Blue colored water bladder is carried on my back,
6. Close up photo's of the way the bike is loaded,
7. From the back of the seat to basket edge is 4", this is so when I hit a hard bump, my tail bone does NOT make contact the basket's top rail.
I can move the seat forward just over 2" and can move the basket also forward for about 3", from present position.
The front pack weighs 20#'s and the back pack is 25#'s, the 3L water bladder weighs in at 8.0#'s.

I never use a photo uploader, either. That is the best way. Not using an uploader will keep threads together, instead of being separated by that tinypic error.

IMG_4654.jpeg

Also, when people share a pic that was uploaded to google account thingy, or sometimes imgboard, I can see their full name and all content they have also shared. Watch what you share, people!

PC
Can you remove all the screen shots etc, I know you are attempting to help, but there is just too much clutter, for right now. I appreciate your help, but I get overloaded real easy, Thanks.
I just posted several photo's, I don't know what I did, but they are there... lol

PC
Can you remove all the screen shots etc, I know you are attempting to help, but there is just too much clutter, for right now. I appreciate your help, but I get overloaded real easy, Thanks.
I just posted several photo's, I don't know what I did, but they are there... lol
Thank you, PC

Back