Anyone owns 2016 E3 Peak DS?

Sai Kodi

Hello,

I have been looking for a full suspension mountain bike to do some offroading and some commuting (about 5 miles each way) and after considering several full suspension bikes, I have finally decided to go with the 2016 IZip E3 Peak DS. I was wanting to go with the HaiBike Xduro FullSeven RX but then it costs an additional $1200.

I am about to place an order for the Peak DS and wanted to check here to see how many of you have it and what your opinion is about it? I am getting the bike for $2400 + free shipping. I looked at the review that Court did (thanks a lot for that Court!!) and he seemed to have a high regard for it.

At the price point of $2400 I think the full suspension is a bargain. Let me know if any of you would recommend against it.

Thanks!

I use it 4 days a week to commute to and from work.
It's a heck of a work horse.

izip usa msrp has dropped to 1999.00
You may be able to find it a bit cheaper, even though I think 24 is a good price

It's a heck of a work horse.

Thats great! If you dont mind me asking, how long is your commute? What range do you get from it (approx) is good. What level of pedal assist do you generally use?

Round trip commute is ~35K (I vary the route to keep it interesting).
I use PAS 1 and 2.
My cadence is 85
Average speed mid 30's kph

The battery is a bit small compared to others (I think that is why the price point is better)
So it almost makes it the full round trip.
I don't like draining the battery all the way down, so I charge it at work.

My guess is you should get about 15 miles on the battery.
I do about 13 miles each way, and the battery gets down to the second to the last bar.

izip usa msrp has dropped to 1999.00
You may be able to find it a bit cheaper, even though I think 24 is a good price

Hey, where did you find the MSRP dropped to 1999? The 2017 model is 4K+. Are you referring to the E3 Peak DS model with full suspension?

Yeah thats what I thought since the DS seem to be priced quite high. However, the dealer ran out of stock and called me a few minutes back. SO I am back in the market again. I think I will go for HaiBike.

Oh I forgot to mention, the iZip is awesome, I am not sure I could find anything comparable in the price range.
If I had to do it again I would very much consider the same bike. The only thing I would like is for it to be a 29er.

Oh I forgot to mention, the iZip is awesome, I am not sure I could find anything comparable in the price range.
If I had to do it again I would very much consider the same bike. The only thing I would like is for it to be a 29er.
There is a 29'er version but it is from Raleigh, , I have the 2015 Raleigh Tekoa at a discounted price of $1,800.
I tweaked the left brake to be more sensitive at the slightest tap so I can use it as motor cutoff when shifting (extends the life of the chain and cassette).

Last edited:
I remember that the tekoa when I was researching what bike to purchase.
I really liked it, only reason I passed on it was I think it did not have mounting eyelets for a rear rack (not sure, memory not so good in my old age and it was a while ago), oh and it was more expensive than the peak.

Both the Peak DS and the Haibike you're looking at are great ebikes; however, there are some differences in the caliber of components on the Haibike which add to its durability as well as the price tag. Think of the long term value of better components; less problems and less down time which means more riding time for you and less time spent servicing the bike. Just a thought...

Back