Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

Hey, Grench . You better watch out Power Me has got you in her sights, keep looking up! Ken.

I am afraid with the equipment failure and the use of my non E Giant coupled with next weeks Canadian travel...I am going to fall way behind. I will be back on the clock week after next.

Hey Team:
I just rolled in from work and logged my ten mile commute in at the NBC website.
So that puts me at 60 for the week. (Not too shabby for a guy who is as old as dirt.)
The chipmunks wisely stayed on the side of the road and watched me go by. I guess they could tell I mean business.
Allen

Last edited:
I hear sirens! forum police - thank you Sergeant Steven :D

Not trying to be "forum police". My point was: there's a reason religion and politics aren't discussed that goes well beyond the guidelines that have been set up for this forum.

But now that you mention it, I'm positive the people running this forum don't want those topics debated either.

Last edited:
Today I rode in 88 degree temperature, which I know is nothing compared to what some of you are facing, but it felt hot. However, I'm glad I did, because now we're having lightning and hail. I'm going to go log my miles.

My point was: there's a reason religion and politics aren't discussed that goes well beyond the guidelines that have been set up for this forum.
Well if you read the guidelines you wouldn't be pretty sure.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

redface.jpg afterRide.jpg
Closed out the day @ 24.2 mi. It's 94 degrees out right now, and I've got the red face to prove it! :D

Last edited:
Hey croo':
Well here's a pleasant surprise. When I got home from church and logged in my miles at the NBC website, I went Gold.
I also scored a really nice three-piece set of antique white wicker furniture from the tag sale at church. Just another reminder that I have so much to be thankful for (as if I needed a reminder).
I love wicker furniture and now I will have a place to sit outside in the evening to help my dog Callie keep an eye out for the dreaded zombie Nazis that only she knows about! (They skulk around in the woods around my cottage in the evening; ask Callie.)
Go Team EBR!
Allen

Wowzer:
It looks like I missed a tempest in a teapot.
Don't anybody leave in a huff; in fact, don't anybody leave at all, please.
Like Ken, I wear my religion pinned on my sleeve. In future, I will be sure to keep it in check.
I think Steven is right; this forum is not the place for that. It's about eBikes, not faith.
We need to all get along nicey nice. Let's don't go to the dogs here; please.
Ken, we need your humor, your faith, AND YOUR MILES!
Don't go away mad; don't go away at all. C'mon!
Allen

PowerMe, have you thought about getting some of those amazing super bright 1200 lumen Cree lights? (you can get them for almost nothing on Ebay) They're lithium powered, rechargeable and you WILL be able to see the road. Try the one with high & low beam settings. And it can be mounted on your helmet as another way to see better. Our summers get a bit tough here too, so its easier to ride very early or really late. Seen some interesting critters crossing the roads when riding late which is fun too!

Back