Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

yes I did. I use Microsoft Band to measure my miles. MS Band synchronizes with several 'providers' one of which is Strava. Strava was only recently added so this morning I had my first commute with MS Band doing the gps/heart rate thing and then the app synced with Strava and Strava then synced with NationalBikeChallenge.

I suppose we can create an EBR team. That would be fun although I mix regular and ebike into the mileage.

actually... I am going to create an EBR team just for $hits and giggles and this way anyone here can quickly join :)

ok. Done. I just created an EBR team. It is public and anyone can join. Let me know if you are able to join or if there are any issues with the way the 'joining' is laid out by the nationalbikechallenge web site.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

How are miles logged IF you do not use some kind of application for it?

Cool! I generally don't even turn a phone on for the commute, I've done it so many times I can do it in my sleep. I'm in:) I need to get a fitness band of some sort, with heart! Can't make up my mind on which one.

You can do the whole thing without the fitness band so let it not stop you :) All you need to do to register at nationalbikechallenge.org and then just type in your miles every day or every week ...

You can also choose to use a phone app like MapMyRide and then link it to the bikechallenge or a fitness band

The fitness band, hopefully, makes it simpler. It records the miles and it all gets synced and updated on the web site.

Great! In hypothetic nirvana we all join and log shitload of miles and bring ebikes into a greater national prominence :)

Add me to the list... Also downloaded the Map My Ride ap. I think the ap will upload your trips???

I think so. Welcome to the EBR team ! :)

There is a group created by Michael of OHM bikes and he advocating forming E-bike only group so people can share commute routes etc.
Should find that and post it here. Cool idea, Brambor.

I do not see my miles in the EBR team. I am a member of my work team...can you be members of more than one team?

hmm. :-( from their FAQ:
HOW MANY DIFFERENT GROUPS CAN I COMPETE FOR IN THE CHALLENGE?
Each rider is eligible to compete in one team, one workplace or school, one community and one state.

Back