Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

yay! :) This is going to be fun. I'm looking forward to it. The web site has some interesting ways to look at the data from local to national.

Grench, it looks like you have participated in this in the past. Care to give some insight? Thanks.

No this is my first time. The rides I uploaded are what I had on my cyclemeter ap. The one this afternoon was loaded from my mapmyride ap. it syncs with the web site...pretty cool. I am going to try for a 70 mile week next week.

I'm in too. I commuted to work four days this week so I racked up 40 miles. Working tomorrow, then church on Sunday, so there's another fourteen. All told a 54 mile week. This is fun.
Allen

Wow Allen, you got a bronze national award! 80 miles in one day! I do 33-34 mi/day and thought that was a lot, I can't compete with that... Way to go, keep it up.

Congrats to team EBR:)

Which smart phone ad is best for tracking rides?
On Wednesday I drove to work and left my battery there so that when I rode on Friday I could ride to work on my ebike with no e. I have been wanting to try that but never have until yesterday. I have done it with my regular bike, but not with my ebike. I would take my regular bike but the ride home has more of an elevation gain and a b***** to do after work. I am curious exactly what the elevation gain/loss is and I would like to me able to track my miles as well.

Mapmyride, Stava, or Cyclemeter are all good. Mapmyride and Stava will sync with Nationalbikechallenge.org

Hey J.R. and the rest of our team. 80 miles in one day…not hardly.
I went 40 for the workweek, and when it didn't update for a while, I put it in again. (lolz).
Rode another ten to work and back today (Saturday) and tomorrow is church and an AA meeting, so I would have another sixteen to add.
But I figure I better lay low on any more mileage updates 'til I make up the 40 bonus miles first. capisce?
Go EBR team!!! (Just try not to cheat like I did; unwittingly.)
Allen

You can edit them Allen. I messed up days and had to switch miles. That's why I downloaded Mapmyride Ap...it syncs for you...no typos. :)

Hey J.R. and the rest of our team. 80 miles in one day…not hardly.
I went 40 for the workweek, and when it didn't update for a while, I put it in again. (lolz).
Rode another ten to work and back today (Saturday) and tomorrow is church and an AA meeting, so I would have another sixteen to add.
But I figure I better lay low on any more mileage updates 'til I make up the 40 bonus miles first. capisce?
Go EBR team!!! (Just try not to cheat like I did; unwittingly.)
Allen
Allen, I was excited to think our team had a ringer in the name of Lance;) Oh well I guess we'll have to do it the hard way. No worries... We'll get there and without wearing spandex:D

Added a 21.2 mile and a 3.1 mile ride today. Here is some of the headwind I was fighting today. Mapmyride link also below. Get em team EBR! The long ride was to meet up with a group of cruisers for the 3.1 mile ride down the river and to the botanical garden here in Wichita ks. Had lunch and a short slow finish to the biking day. Note: I did not ride home...had my wife pick me up... :)
http://www.mapmyride.com/view_workout?w=969207401

It seems a little buggy at the moment. I tried filling in a couple of days over the past week. Not sure if it worked. They say it may take an hour. Be great if it was all automatic. So I never had to think about it. :rolleyes:

I use my work phone while riding and not one ride app is approved, can I do this maually?

Back