Anyone here joined the National Bike Challenge?

joined and joined the group , put down 99 for the weekend, more like 120-130 but didn't watch Friday's ride number so didn't use it. Family arriving tomorrow and vac soon will cut down on the numbers but hope to get back 250 + a week.

joined and joined the group , put down 99 for the weekend, more like 120-130 but didn't watch Friday's ride number so didn't use it. Family arriving tomorrow and vac soon will cut down on the numbers but hope to get back 250 + a week.

I passed the exam in flying colors and I will compensate in your absence :)
I just joined the team as well.
Anyone up for Washington & Old Dominion 150 mile ride this Saturday or Sunday?
@eDean , @Bike_On

congrats Dr (PhD) ! W&OD is 44 each way, not sure about your math skills :)

You're right, Mark, but for me, door-door is ~140miles.
I am hoping to visit this bears den outlook and take the same route back or Chesapeake & Ohio route. I know that W&OD will be crowded, so I may have to start early.

CP to Bears Den.JPG

have not been passed Puceville, trail ends thre. anything special in Den Park? you can get 120 on 1 battery or plan on recharging?

WTH,
Another flat today in DC. Had to take metro back.
Putting on super heavy tubes tomorrow...

The Number One ranked rider for the challenge right now is
TERRY STINSON387 miles/4 days

This guy rode 387 miles in 4 days ? wow. Where is he going ;-) ?

I tried to enlist a rider for our team today, but he didn't have a way to log his miles. I met this guy on the rail trail that's part of my commute, he needed directions. He was traveling on his bicycle from Texas where he wintered, to Maine where he will summer. He went on to tell me of his travels for the past year, last summer he spent in the Canadian Rockies then went on to Texas. What a shame he isn't on our team! I did my usual 34 miles today, cheating on an ebike and he does a century every day:eek: That put perspective on my rides:(

Wow. Lucky dude. I did not bike home today. My son brought my car to my work at 4pm and I went sea kayaking with 5 friends while my son and his gf biked back home. :)

I added another 11 today without the battery...the wife and I took a stroll down the river walk.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 281
Back