Anyone figured out a chain ring protection option for pant cuffs?

EVBiker

Loving my bike but as the weather gets colder, shorts are no longer an option and I've noticed that when I wear pants they get all greased up as they make contact with the top end of the chain ring.

I wish this bike had a proper cover around the top corner of the chain ring so it would not mess up pants.

I realize I can get some sort of a clip to go around the pant cuff but I feel that looks a bit silly so I was wondering if anyone had figured out some type of an option for a cover over the chain ring area that makes contact with the pant cuff.

Thanks for any ideas!

I replaced my OEM guard on my Verve 3 with this one from Amazon. Working well.

Attachments

• FDAF1BA9-D5C4-4E42-84EC-C83699FE3DFF.jpeg
    FDAF1BA9-D5C4-4E42-84EC-C83699FE3DFF.jpeg
    869.4 KB · Views: 469
I just roll up-cuff my pants if I am in street wear. Always available three folds and I am done.. Velcro bands work, but they get lost. That being said, I did buy full length riding pants and a shell this summer, for this time. These are cool too. https://www.renehersecycles.com/shop/components/clothing/knickers-2016/ if you are into the look.

I just prefer wearing casual clothes for biking without needing to clip the pant cuffs, if possible, so I think my best option is a larger chain ring guard that prevents the pant cuff from touching the chain. What a shame they did not make the chain ring guard just a bit larger...

Could someone post the exact size for a chainring guard that will fit an XP Step Through?

Loving my bike but as the weather gets colder, shorts are no longer an option and I've noticed that when I wear pants they get all greased up as they make contact with the top end of the chain ring.

I wish this bike had a proper cover around the top corner of the chain ring so it would not mess up pants.

I realize I can get some sort of a clip to go around the pant cuff but I feel that looks a bit silly so I was wondering if anyone had figured out some type of an option for a cover over the chain ring area that makes contact with the pant cuff.

Thanks for any ideas!
I had the same issue..ruined several pants even with a cuff clip.
Just finished this DIY mod.
BEFORE
IMG_0784.JPG

AFTER
chain guard.jpg
Ten Crypto Credits to the first person who correctly guesses what I used for the chain guard.

Last edited:
just so what cyclists ahi done for decades a elastic strap around your ankle.
Like I posted above ...even with the pant clip, I still got chain contact with my pants. I mean your leg is right there moving in circles you are bound to brush against the exposed chain in high gear or even the gear itself.
Besides this DIY fix cost less that a pant clip, and it won't get lost .

Like I posted above ...even with the pant clip, I still got chain contact with my pants. I mean your leg is right there moving in circles you are bound to brush against the exposed chain in high gear or even the gear itself.
Besides this DIY fix cost less that a pant clip, and it won't get lost .
it can still get caught in there. best then to pull your pant leg up. I have got it caught in my bosch and its is tiny. not often but even then.
IMG_1536.jpeg

Thanks for any ideas!
skinny jeans

Back