Anybody Familiar with Dapu 750W Mid-Drive Motor?

Scarecrow

The new Evelo Aurora Ltd. Edition will be equipped with the Dapu 750-W Mid-Drive Motor connected to a Gates Carbon Belt Drive. I cannot find much about Dapu on the internet -- and nothing about this motor. Anyone know anything?

On Dapu's website there's a MD250, peaking at 350 watts with 95Nm of torque. That's a nice torque number, but at over 12 lbs, it's heavy, for instance, almost twice as heavy as the 2020 Bosch CX at 6.4 lbs. It is throttle compatible, unlike the Bosch.

It might be that the "MD500" is the same motor with a different controller, but the controller is built-in, so perhaps Dapu's website isn't up to date. The MD250 was announced back in 2015.

As I know they don't have 750w mid-drive motor. I feel it is a theoretical peak power output. Like Radpower rate their 500w shengyi motor like 750 w mid drive motor.

Apparently, they do. It will be on the new Aurora Ltd. Edition by Evelo, with Peak Power at 1,000W. I just cannot find much info on Dapu. But what I do find is pretty positive.

Back