Any thoughts on the Gaadi tube

Bigal1463

I saw an add about the Gaadi tube which is an open ended tube. It‘s a great idea, where you do not have to remove the wheel. Just cut your flattened tube in half to remove it from your wheel and insert the Gaadi tube which is sealed on both ends and inflate. Any thoughts or experience?

I saw an add about the Gaadi tube which is an open ended tube. It‘s a great idea, where you do not have to remove the wheel. Just cut your flattened tube in half to remove it from your wheel and insert the Gaadi tube which is sealed on both ends and inflate. Any thoughts or experience?
There's a lot of posts going back to 2015. I think many of us have purchased them.

I have one, saved it for that one real need and haven't used it in 5 years:oops: I've had flats, just not one where I needed to save the time. One day.

Huffy also has one like Gaadi. Seems to be a hit!

I would say a must have for a rear hub drive bike. Blazing hot day, or pouring down rain, halfway up a mountain somewhere, you can be back on the road in fifteen minutes.

Thanks for that info. Are there any cons about this type of tube?
Not having used it, I would think making sure it doesn't get twisted is important. That's true of any tube though. It's best to put a little air in any tube prior to installing. Just enough to give it a little shape. They do cost more too. Other than that they appear to be very good. I've read some say they remove it later at home to repack for future emergencies. Others say they leave in and buy another.

I don't understand what you mean. There are at least a dozen youtube videos showing just how easy it is the replace... what else do you need?
DIY on making a Gaadi tube. So any size of tube could be had, and cheaply. I guess vulcanizing the ends properly.

DIY on making a Gaadi tube. So any size of tube could be had, and cheaply. I guess vulcanizing the ends properly.

If you mean cutting a regular tube and then trying to seal the ends, IMO the process would be very difficult. The Gaadi style tube requires square blunt ends which push against each other in the tire and eliminate any gap when inflated. Even a minor gap between the two ends will cause a soft spot in the inflated tire. I don't know how you could seal the end of a cut tube and make it square.

It's an interesting concept though.

If you mean cutting a regular tube and then trying to seal the ends, IMO the process would be very difficult. The Gaadi style tube requires square blunt ends which push against each other in the tire and eliminate any gap when inflated. Even a minor gap between the two ends will cause a soft spot in the inflated tire. I don't know how you could seal the end of a cut tube and make it square.

It's an interesting concept though.
Maybe by using a longer tube you could seal the ends flat for a length that allows an overlap and no empty space.

Back