Any RadMini people out there

Welcome to EBR, @aerodrew808a. Enjoyed your videos, especially when you've got the ocean on one side and the hill you're climbing in front! Which island were you on with these rides, Oahu the main island? Just curious. :)

Yes this is on Oahu, the main island. It is a patch of undeveloped land due east of the Turtle Bay resort. I used to go fishing at one of the coves further down from here a long time ago. However during this trip, my motor did not respond to any input on the way back, so I had to manually pedal and push the bike through the sand. Contacted RAD last week and they are sending a replacement controller. Hopefully that fixes it.

Hey guys! I just ordered my RadMini, I'm waiting for it to arrive. First bike in a long time.

Piggybacking off your previous comments, could anyone recommend me a good set of tires and quality tubes off Amazon? I'm already purchasing 26x4 Mr Tuffys (Is it really $60?)

And if there's any essentials I'm forgetting, please let me know. I have a basic toolkit, pump, some bungees, planning on looking for a nice ulock setup and extra light for night time riding.

@aerodrew808a - What phone mount are you using in those Hawaii videos?

It was easy to order direct from Specialized and Vee, Amazon didn't have great selection of 20x4 last I checked.

The Sunlite 20x4.25 tubes seem good though.

Yeah, I know @moggd, $60 bucks but worth it to not have to deal with a flat! It's a lot of material in each liner, thus the added cost.

@moggd The phone mount was a minoura brand mount. Really good for steady roads, but not for the terrain I was riding across. I used a juin shock absorber handle mount to mitigate that.

Hi everyone, I posted a new Radmini video including an attempt at onboard filming. There's not a whole lot of Radmini content out there so I'm trying to document.

Don't traffic laws apply to bicycles, mopeds, etc? First 4 mins. of vid I saw at least two violations.

Thanks much for your comment. As a matter of fact, the laws do apply. However, I pulled some people from a burning car and the mayor gave me permission to ignore privately placed stop signs within a privately managed subdivision, so long as I am careful.

Thanks much for your comment. As a matter of fact, the laws do apply. However, I pulled some people from a burning car and the mayor gave me permission to ignore privately placed stop signs within a privately managed subdivision, so long as I am careful.
Thanks for your reply. Not sure what to make of the ‘pass from the Mayor’ comment but regardless it is a public video and by running stop signs and turning on red lights (no turn on red) it is in way advocating breaking laws for the 2 wheelers out there. Look I am not trying to turn Joe Friday on you but I am a huge safety advocate. Having been hit by a car 3x on my bicycle and have had friends killed I think it is too important an issue. Yes most accidents are caused by the 4 wheelers not paying attention or not caring about the 2 wheelers but I’ve been riding bicycles for 40 plus years and know that many two wheelers just don’t think the laws apply to them. Makes me sick and depresses me for days when I see a new Ghost Bike Memorial erected somewhere. Safety needs to be practiced from both sides.

Vincente

Had my controller die on me but RAD sent me another. They were able to test it on one of their bikes before sending it out, and it fixed the problem. Now I had to send it in to my local bike shop to get the derailleur cable adjusted so it can actually shift gears now(because I had to loosen the cable to get the motor interface plug through the hole)

i thought that was a brake cable??? but i was mad at that point and giving up and did not care what cable was screwing me up from getting the motor plug through

mine is at my regular lbs getting controller swapped , display and throttle

my problem was intermittent and seemed to fix itself when the new parts got here but rad said go ahead and change them all

i was getting an error code and it would quit immed

I just purchased one and it's on the way. I'm sure excited.
Pulled out my air pump and digging for the bike helmet. Glad to read that so many are enjoying the bikes already.
Fall a great time to ride

I just got mine 3 days ago and had a good 1st 5miles on it. So it seems my max throttle speed is 22mph, not bad but i wish it can go atleast 30. I was looking for a 52v silver fish battery and couldn't find any. Any more tips to speed the bike up?

Up and running again, this time showing the return trip from Kahuku to the outskirts of Marconi field. Used throttle most of the way. Interesting history in that area; Marconi, known for being one of the early pioneers of wireless technology had built a station in Hawaii to experiment on transmitting radio signal over vast bodies of water. His station still stands today.

I got my Rad Mini a week ago but was unable to ride it since it didn't come with a Key for the Battery. But also got to find out how obliging and Professional the Company themselves are. They sent me a new Battery. Once charged and installed off I went on my virgin ride. A nice smooth sturdy feel to the ride. The Pedal assist I used levels 1 & 2 so far on a mixed mild hills and flat ride of 5 miles. I wasn't worn out and neither was the Rad Mini. actually it was a pleasure that left me looking forward to our next adventure.
No speed demon either by the way mph was around 11 in 3rd gear.
I think the Rad Mini and I will get along spkendid

Hey guys! I just ordered my RadMini, I'm waiting for it to arrive. First bike in a long time.

Piggybacking off your previous comments, could anyone recommend me a good set of tires and quality tubes off Amazon? I'm already purchasing 26x4 Mr Tuffys (Is it really $60?)

And if there's any essentials I'm forgetting, please let me know. I have a basic toolkit, pump, some bungees, planning on looking for a nice ulock setup and extra light for night time riding.

@aerodrew808a - What phone mount are you using in those Hawaii videos?

What tires did you end up getting?
I am looking to replace the knobby tires and get some street tires for my commute.

Thank you.

-Timothy Taylor

Back