Any good bike packing spots in Saratoga or Washington counties in NY?

debaker29

ADK Dave
Region
USA
City
Fort Ann
I'm looking for any good bike packing spots in Saratoga or Washington county. These can just be backpacking spots where bikes are allowed on the trails. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Washington County is terrific. You can park in Schuylerville (Saratoga County) in the Hudson Crossing Park at Champlain Canal Lock 5. Off the back of the parking lot is a foot/bike bridge that takes you over the Hudson and dumps you right into beautiful farm/Amish country, gravel and dirt roads all over the place along with quiet paved roads; and the one state road that goes through has a very wide shoulder. A friend and I did one of our favorite loops over there just a couple days ago and as usual, there is hardly any traffic. There’s a small lake - a pond, really, called Summit Lake that is pretty to ride around, and Cossayuna Lake just a mile or so away. Not a single gas station, market or anything else around though, so the water and clif bars are on you.

Lots of good stuff here in Saratoga County also, send me a message if you want some other info. But you can’t go wrong over in Washington.

Thank you from one Dave to another. Do you know of any good primitive camping spots that are accessible via bikes around here?

Let me consult with my camping buddies and see what they come up with. You’re looking for a fire road into the woods kind of thing, then?

Back