Any comments on these battery-powered tire pumps?

I use this. It's cheap and great. It also works for car tires.i don't carry a pump with me on rides. I like to live dangerously :)

I bought this Ryobi inflator for bike tires as seem to be forever changing them for one reason and another. Brillant for bike tires also good for topping up car, caravan and boat tires. Always in car when we go away.

Can see case for smaller USB chargeable ones when bike touring. Would recommend one with replaceable battery that can be easily sourced so faulty battery doesn't make it obsolete. With USB powerpacks easy to recharge in the field.

The reason I bought this one is because my wife and I were already invested in the Milwaukee M12 eco-system. Buying a device that uses batteries we already owned was an easy decision.
Same here but mine is in the back of my car :D

Come on, how lazy one can be? :D
So lazy you ride an ebike.
So lazy you use a derailleur instead of a fixed gear.
So lazy you aren't walking barefoot.
So lazy you are wearing chamois'd pants.

There's lazy... and there's obnoxious. Each gives pleasure to the practitioner.

I had 2 different electric air pumps,
the 1st one was carried and never used for over 900+ miles in my bike tool pouch, got it out to fill a low tire and it wouldn't work, I could plug it in via the long power cord and it would worked.

2nd one was a bit smaller and also works off the bikes battery, have used just a couple of weeks ago to fill the G-daughters bike tires and worked like a champ.

I also carry 24 12grm co2 cartridges and pump for them as back backup, use the same size as some of my air guns, make an adapter to fit the 16grm size holder, can use either size now. YMMV
1st one ;

2nd one

HTH's

Scenarios where an electric pump shines and I'd heartily recommend one:
  1. Airing up tires at the start of a ride. Nobody wants to be that guy that holds up the whole group. With an electric pump it usually takes more time to get the valve cap off, unscrew the presta valve thingy, and attach the pump head than it actually takes to air up the tire. And an electric pump takes up less room in the rig than a floor pump.
  2. Varying traction. If your route passes through one or more sections where it is muddy, sandy, and full of snow it is a big help to drop your tire pressure for the slippery sections and air yourself back up when you are on more solid ground. Similarly if you are going between gravel and pavement it might up your efficiency and be worth the time to put a few pounds of air in your tires.
  3. Airing up a tire in lousy miserable weather, at night, or in an awkward spot where you don't want to hang out for very long.
  4. With an electric pump you have a shot at reseating a tubeless tire. You have no realistic chance of pulling that off with a portable hand pump.

I ordered the Fanttik X8 Ace Tire Pump, 150psi, Presta/Schrader valve, USB-C recharge. I got tired of having to pump 50-200 times with my old Topeak Mountain Morph mini pump to add air or pump up an empty tube. It is powerful enough to use on my vehicles to adjust tire pressure as needed. I love having the option to use on all types of tires, small size, quick recharge, and ease of use.
I am reviewing the Fanttik models. There are a lot of them and they look very good. Thanks.

I am reviewing the Fanttik models. There are a lot of them and they look very good. Thanks.
If you buy one check pressure gauge calibration against know source. Easiest way is to use local garage forecourt pump (assume its accurate) to set your car tires and see what electric pump measures. My pump is 2psi high when inflating but accurate when stopped.

If your bike has a USB charger on it (a lot do) you could easily get a cable to charge your electric pump on the fly. That makes a lot of the reliability issues about and electric pump go away.

I have the Fanttik X8 Ace Tire Pump. i use it for all the bikes, cars, golf cart, inflatables.

I use this. It's cheap and great. It also works for car tires.i don't carry a pump with me on rides. I like to live dangerously :)

Excellent for the garage! Bought one a year ago on a recommendation on this forum — in part because I already owned several Ryobi tool batteries.

Keeping it next to the bike's parking spot means that the tires get checked and adjusted a lot more often than they used to.

I started out with the 1st gen Ryobi P737 (device only, older model with gauge with PSI needle only). I also had several Ryobi batteries and made this purchase a "no-brainer" for $23 on Amazon back in 2018. This model was manual and the PSI needle gauge was always off and I needed to double-check with an electronic PSI gauge. It only lasted me around 3 years. I upgraded to the larger P747 for around $48 Amazon 2021 and that has been working perfect with the auto shut off and more accurate PSI gauge.

I have been looking up specs for various pumps. Some report the battery capacity as "5,000 mAh". Others report it as "2,500*3 mAh". Should it make any difference to me whether a pump has one 7.500 mAh battery or 3 2,500 mAh batteries?

Thanks

Wes just buy whatever you like.
For me I'm very confident of my tires tubeless setup. I set it up myself never had a flat under inflation is only thing I dealt with a floor pump and couple Oz
Of Stan's sealant and I'm good to ride again.

Attachments

• 20231111_092225.jpg
    20231111_092225.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20231112_011655.jpg
    20231112_011655.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 40
Wes just buy whatever you like.
I am trying to figure out what that is. The nerd in me has a difficult time liking something that it doesn't understand to at least 5 decimal places. 🤔🤨🤔🤨😒🤔

For me I'm very confident of my tires tubeless setup. I set it up myself never had a flat under inflation is only thing I dealt with a floor pump and couple Oz
Of Stan's sealant and I'm good to ride again.
Are you saying your tubeless tires plus some sealant have kept you puncture free?

Is this the sealant?

Stan's Sealant

Does is gum up the value? I've heard reports of that. How often do you add sealant?

Back