Anti theft GPS

Yeah, caveat emptor on swisstrack. It's just a cheap chinese 2G/3G tracker sold at a premium. You'll do much better with the TK419. Less money, 4G LTE, no regrets here.

Yeah, caveat emptor on swisstrack. It's just a cheap chinese 2G/3G tracker sold at a premium. You'll do much better with the TK419. Less money, 4G LTE, no regrets here.
Did you connect the ignition cutoff?
I am wondering if there is an easy place to do ignition cutoff on the Bafang ultra harness (hydra specifically)

I have not. All I did was trim the "power cable" down to 6" and connect the 2 power wires to the battery via charging port fuse. I suppose if you wanted to get fancy you could buy the optional relay and somehow insert the relay between the battery and motor to disable power, or alternatively between the motor and display.

1606085274767.png

I guess what I am wondering is if there is a single low voltage wire in the harness that if interrupted would prevent the bike from running and how is the interrupt wired to the tracker harness.
EDIT, I did find the manual and wiring
TK419-TRACKER-MANUAL-EN (eelinktracker.com)
Now onto finding what wire to interrupt on the bike:)

Last edited:
Great, hopefully you can figure it out and report back. I was just thrilled to have a very simple solution for GPS monitoring but it sure would be cool to set up a bait bike and cut power on a steep hill.

I purchased the TK419 and wired up the electrical cutoff using a relay. The instructions that come with the GPS tell you to connect the 4th/yellow wire to a specific numbered contact on the relay, and splice the other circuit of the relay in-between the battery and the controller .The ground of both circuits of the relay can be connected to the black wire of the battery. You also have to make sure the GPS still gets a charge even after cutting off the ebike power. Once it's all wired up you can use the Keelin app or website to cut the power.

Another thing to mention. You'll need the TK419 version with the external battery. You can buy it directly from the manufacturer. You can't use an external battery without rewiring the internals of the GPS. And the internal battery only lasts 4 or 5 hours. If you ever take the ebike battery to charge at work, then you'll need the external GPS battery to keep tracking past 5 hours.

To get the external battery to work on a regular TK419, you'll need to open it up and cut the internal battery wires. Then connect them to the 7th and 8th wires exiting the GPS. Make sure to desolder them from the PCB first and connect the ground/positive wires in the correct orientation. The 7th and 8th wires are the same color so be-careful not to accidentally reverse the polarity. After I made the modification and connected a 1500 mah 3.7v lithium ion battery for RC cars, the GPS lasts over 50 hours without external power. It even recharges automatically when the GPS is powered by the ebike battery.

Has anyone used the Monimoto tracker with their ebike? I did watch a YouTube video where it successfully tracked a Super73 but it was never shown where they placed the device and I am not sure if its too big for regular ebikes. It does look a good option as the reviews from old fashioned motorbike users are very positive.

Not sure I would waste your money. Even with the Invoxia Tracker (which is very small, much smaller than the Monimoto) I found it very difficult to hide. I initially hid it in the chainstay under a neoprene slap guard but it was still rather bulky and noticable. I would go with something you can secure in frame like the TK419 and hardwired to battery (or backup battery if you remove your battery). Mine is still tracking like a champ. 100% satisfied!

Read up thread. The TK419 comes with a free monitoring app, just pop in your own unlocked SIM card with the cheapest mobile data plan you can find. I am currently using FreedomPop which offers 25MB of data per month for free after one time $10 fee. My TK419 is set to track at 30 second intervals 24/7 and it uses well under 1 MB per day (averages closer to 500 KB) so I don't think I'll ever exceed 25 MB per month.

Also, for what it's worth, I wouldn't purchase a GPS tracking system that forces you to use a proprietary SIM card or monitoring service. That's just nonsense and there's no good reason why any GPS tracking device can't use any SIM other than to lock you into their monitoring (and revenue stream). Most GPS tracking devices on Amazon come with a ridiculous $10 to $30 monthly monitoring fee. There's also one e-bike company that I'm a big fan of that espouses open platform philosophy but went a different route than "open platform" with their GPS tracking device last I heard.

Last edited:
Thanks, Last I checked it seemed they were not providing the monitoring, just being compatible with standard ones. Must Have missed that.

@TomD have you checked the geofencing functionality, and if so, can you create several areas, save them, and just activate them with the app when you are on location?
Also have you tried the G sensor alert when the bike is moved?

Last edited:
I haven't enabled the geofence as the bike is always stored in the house, so enabling it would just be more an annoyance than anything, and similarly for the g sensor, I haven't enabled as I figured it would be a false alarm fest. I'm sure both work fine. Back in the day when I had a radar detector I thought the high sensitivity features would be great to have, but end of day I just disabled the high sensitivity mode as it was more annoying than value added.

For me Geofence is the best way to be alerted if the bike is not where it should be.
Not just at the house where it can be stolen from your garage, but if you park the bike in specific places you go to, Work, shopping...
Being able to activate the geofence and then walk away without having too constantly check the tracker, knowing you will be alerted if anything happens.
Let me know if you ever test it :)

For me if the bike is not where is should be it's alrady too late, the horse has left the barn, ha! I think my peace of mind (or possibly false peace of mind) comes from knowing that if the horse leaves the barn I can still lasso and track it no matter where it decides to go. I would be shocked if the geofencing doesn't work as indicated as the device is marketed for tracking commercial vehicles. The GPS tracks fine, so if it leaves the barn it should notify you. I guess I can run a few tests.

Back