Another flat with picture.

pawtoki

Where is the hole, when you have frequent flats?

90% of mine have been on the rim side of the tube. Burrs on the spoke nipples. This is hard to accept.

Attachments

• 20220301_130439.jpg
    20220301_130439.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 293
  • 20220301_130339.jpg
    20220301_130339.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 332
90% of mine have been on the rim side of the tube. Burrs on the spoke nipples. This is hard to accept.
One more reason I warn shoppers to check the brand forum "known problems" thread before purchase. Rad has found another way to save money. Please log this problem on the rad "known problems" thread. https://electricbikereview.com/foru...ad-power-products-help-solutions-fixes.13196/
My bike cost $2000 without electricity, and I don't suffer any of that ****. No loose spokes, no warping rims, no stretching control cables, no burrs on rim, inside stem hole, sharp nipples or projecting spokes. Came with rim tape. ~8000 miles so far. 90% of my tires wear out without my ever having a flat. I use $26 kenda knobbies. I reuse the tubes once. Generic grocery store schwinn tubes. No slime, liners $55 tires or other band-aids.

…I don't suffer any of that ****. No loose spokes, no warping rims, no stretching control cables, no burrs on rim, inside stem hole, sharp nipples or projecting spokes. Came with rim tape. ~8000 miles so far. 90% of my tires wear out without my ever having a flat. I use $26 kenda knobbies. I reuse the tubes once. Generic grocery store schwinn tubes. No slime, liners $55 tires or other band-aids.

the basics matter!

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/attachments/20220301_130339-jpg.115616/

What the heck kind of rim set up/nipple is this? Most e-bikes I've seen/worked on have double walled rims where contact between the tube and nipple would be nearly impossible. THEN, there's what you are calling a nipple. It would appear that's NOT a spoke nipple.

I'm thinking this is listed under the wrong brand. Picture of the whole ebike would verify.

the basics matter!
Same here, I patch a tube once. The nipple with a bur cut through the liner. I've now added a tube refitted for the rim and under the orange origanal liner. I've dremeled off the burs all the way around the rim twice now. When you get a hole inside the patch from the last repair, something is wrong.

Stock rims from rad. The nipples on front and rear of the bikes rims have had burs that I removed. Back has not had a flat in 1200 miles. The front has had 3 flats in the last 1200 miles.

I have over eight flats in 3000 miles all with holes on the Rim side of the tire. And all of them at the same location from the valve stems!

Last edited:
https://electricbikereview.com/forums/attachments/20220301_130339-jpg.115616/

What the heck kind of rim set up/nipple is this? Most e-bikes I've seen/worked on have double walled rims where contact between the tube and nipple would be nearly impossible. THEN, there's what you are calling a nipple. It would appear that's NOT a spoke nipple.
The nipples are hex shaped & burs went right through the rim original tape. Since making a rim "tape" from an old tube, I have not had a flat.

Scooter, A picture of the whole bike in in my icon.

Back