Ancheer AM001907 restoration

mstf37

Region
USA
Hello!,

I have found Ancheer ebike for a really good price. Motor and controller was working but it needed some love!. I get it and started to work on.

The first thing I did was to change the rear tire tube because it was torn (literally). However, after changing the tube, the motor stop giving response. I did not see any torque sensor on the bike. Horn is working, the simple, old indicator is working but when I turn the throtle, there is no move.

Is there any solution suggestion for such situation? I seen some had this issue but torque sensor is addressed all the time.

If the motor/controller worked before you removed the motor, then you probably pulled two hard on a connnector, or didn't reattach one of them properly properly.

Inexpensive Ancheers don't use torque sensors. They have a magnet ring around on one side of the pedal axle, plus a sensor top detect the magnets spinning, If the ANcheer has a Walk mode, see if that works,

You should also know this model has been recalled, Maybe you qualify for a new battery.

The removed the controller box and it seems all parts connected securely. Motor wires and battery wires are connected with solder seal wire connectors and they seems good. It seems i need to test components one by one.

I seen the recall and immediately contacted with the company. Battery holder is not holding the battery. It will be a great upgrade for free!

Update:

1. I disconnected break connections and tried to run it. It is not working.
2. I checked motor hub hall sensor. All 3 sensors read between 5V-0V when wheel is turning.
3. I now found the magnet ring sensor, which is fixed and hidden by using an electric tape before. Thanks to @harryS for pointing out. It is loosen. When i check with a multimeter, I am getting constant 4.2V between ground and sensing wires. After removing connection, would it suppose to work? Because it is still not working.
4. I also checked the throttle. It is not giving any reading between ground and signal wires when I turn it. Controller gives 2.2V to the throttle. When I short it, motor is not moving too.

As I said, it was working when I buy and after changing tire tubes, it stopped responding. Any more ideas?

The throttle should have 4.4V on the power wire, and the signal varies between .8V and 4.2V when the throttle turns. You do see 5V over by the motor's Hall sensors so it means the controller has 5V power.

Be sure you're looking at the right pins for the throttle. You can also test it by putting a voltage over 3V to the input.

Last edited:
The throttle should have 4.4V on the power wire, and the signal varies between .8V and 4.2V when the throttle turns. You do see 5V over by the motor's Hall sensors so it means the controller has 5V power.

Be sure you're looking at the right pins for the throttle. You can also test it by putting a voltage over 3V to the input. This diagram is for a throttle where signal was white, power/ground red/black. It won't work if you just short signal to power.

View attachment 169596.
Thank you for detailed reply. I managed to get power on the motor with throttle now but PAS still needed to be changed for pedal assist.

Back