Allant Stock? Does it exist? Who tells the truth?

GuruUno

I have a verbal standing order for a 9.9 and/or 8S Allant with the local Trek dealer in NJ for several months with no deposit demanded, but offered. Without a lengthy explanation, I was given a ETA of November 25th. Just to feel comfortable I called Trek headquarters today. They tell me January/February is ETA. OK, so then I call the NJ dealer. They tell me they can get Allant 8S in medium and large, they show in stock. WTF?
I guess the point is why the deceit, the lies, the BS? I don't mind waiting 1 month after selling my Super Commuter 8 but now I wonder who tells the truth, why the double talk.
Point being, I want to try each, choose between them. If they are being sold in California, Washington state, Florida, NYC, wherever.....just sayin........I'd fly out to try out and decide. Why the friggin' lies?

My LBS told me 11/25 to arrive at Trek then another week or so to LBS. That update is about a week old.

New bike releases usually come in batches and dealers snap up stock quickly for an anticipated hot seller. If the first batch is spoken for then perhaps Trek is quoting arrival for the second. Just speculating though. Seems like your dealer would be the one to listen to.

Pretty much in the states When it appears on the Website: The America Trek Site Chat Told me the same thing Over 50 stated Sometime shortly after or on 11/25 : Trek always does this : They had 2020 Regular Bikes on the site for several months before they were available. The Current Trek Site doesn't even List 2020 Trek Alliant 7 and 7S : But Trek already sent PDF flyers of it to My LBS : Who is a Specialized Dealer as well. Depending on what the 7's specs are I may go with Specialized : The Como and Vado are smooth and fly: But I admit I am a fan of treks : The Alliant reminds me of the TREX FX > Which was to short of a Reach for me : I fit better on teh dual Sport and Verve : My biggest problem is trying them out before Buying : Where I live Biking is a Short 4 month season. So LBS doesn't stock like they do in Areas where you can ride 12 months or at least 9

I have a verbal standing order for a 9.9 and/or 8S Allant with the local Trek dealer in NJ for several months with no deposit demanded, but offered. Without a lengthy explanation, I was given a ETA of November 25th. Just to feel comfortable I called Trek headquarters today. They tell me January/February is ETA. OK, so then I call the NJ dealer. They tell me they can get Allant 8S in medium and large, they show in stock. WTF?
I guess the point is why the deceit, the lies, the BS? I don't mind waiting 1 month after selling my Super Commuter 8 but now I wonder who tells the truth, why the double talk.
Point being, I want to try each, choose between them. If they are being sold in California, Washington state, Florida, NYC, wherever.....just sayin........I'd fly out to try out and decide. Why the friggin' lies?

I am in NJ as well. My SuperCommuter 8 was stolen, so I put down deposit for Allant 9.9 S. I know the regional Trek well, and he looked at all regional deliveries - I also have a Nov 25 to 1st week of Dec. time frame. Probably not lies but waiting For final parts for production. We will see!

OK, we shall see.....

A little bird told me today that 9.9s stock is starting to arrive at shops. In fact, I was told that the bike I put a deposit on has arrived. Haven't had a chance to go in for a look however (planned tomorrow). I will report back ...

I received mine late this afternoon. Yet to ride it as it was getting dark and 32 degrees

Almost identical story here too. I went in this morning and dropped off my Baramind handlebar. Went back to the store just before closing time to pick up. Switched the pedals and handlebar. My Kinekt seatpost is on order. Will convert to tubeless in near future. Got home after dark (39F) so too late for any pics. Been figuring out the Cobi Smartphone Hub. Connected easily and seems easy to use.

Almost identical story here too. I went in this morning and dropped off my Baramind handlebar. Went back to the store just before closing time to pick up. Switched the pedals and handlebar. My Kinekt seatpost is on order. Will convert to tubeless in near future. Got home after dark (39F) so too late for any pics. Been figuring out the Cobi Smartphone Hub. Connected easily and seems easy to use.

Should be a fun weekend!
Let us know of your impressions of the new carbon frame. I am pretty sure it will be a very agile bike given that it comes with Gen 4 motor.
I hope they supply M99 lights in the US too, not just EU.

Got a call from my store, my bike will be there on Monday! As far as the lights, as far as I know, the M99 is not for USA... we get Bontrager branded ones... specs look decent though. Let’s see some pics!

Baramind? I had the RedShift Stem on my Super Commuter, and I understand the new Allant has proprietary stem/cable management. Does this 'Baramind', not mess with it or?

Baramind? I had the RedShift Stem on my Super Commuter, and I understand the new Allant has proprietary stem/cable management. Does this 'Baramind', not mess with it or?

The Baramind is the flexing/vibration dampening handlebar from a French company. @Ravi Kempaiah reminded me of this option when I was lamenting the fact of the proprietary stem. The stock handlebar on the Allant was too narrow for my tastes. Perhaps it is designed for city use and for fitting in between cars in traffic. I went with the BAM Trek bar.

But, again, does it interfere with the cable routing and other proprietary look, use, etc.? As in the OEM looks great but lacks function as the Redshift or Baramind offers, will the Baramind have anything negative to change the routing, etc., etc.? Please post some photos when you have it done. Thanks.

But, again, does it interfere with the cable routing and other proprietary look, use, etc.? As in the OEM looks great but lacks function as the Redshift or Baramind offers, will the Baramind have anything negative to change the routing, etc., etc.? Please post some photos when you have it done. Thanks.

No impact to cables, look or anything. The bar fits the stock stem and is interchangeable w the stock bar. The Baramind Trek is a bit longer but no difference to bike aesthetics. I will try to get a pic of the cockpit to post later today.

...I will try to get a pic of the cockpit to post later today.

Not the greatest photos but 2 pics of the bike/cockpit w the Baramind. Unfortunately I didn't have the stock bar (left it at the shop) to overlay such that you could see the difference in the length and sweep.

OK, where did you obtain the Baramind, I'd like to have it ready for mine when it comes in next week. Thanks

I ordered it off of their website and it shipped from France. It arrived in about a week. Ravi suggested using Amazon UK but I couldn't figure out how to to that without creating a new account.

Back