Allant 9 vs Domane HP+

Stiksandstones

2 different bikes, I am well aware and 2 different uses, but i'm intrigued by both.

I want a bike that I can commute to work, long commute, 55 miles, flat...since we're only doing 2-3 days a week now in office, great time to be a commuter right? I am a life long cyclist, own a lot of bikes (road, trail, DH, big trail bike and long time LEVO owner) so I was ready to pull trigger on the Allant, as I wanted that bigger battery, class 3 and POWER (I bought a CREO in Feb for this use, but it was SO SLOW compared to a Trek Super Commuter I borrowed for a day) so I just sold the creo, made no sense to me-ill keep riding my roadie.

So, ready to pull trigger on Allant, but, then seeing the Domane HP+, made me think that might be better, especially if I put straight bars on it (I can get levers and shifter from my wife, she's sponsored by shimano)....make a cool road/hybrid bike.

My hesitation on the Allant-the stem/fork deal; so I can NOT change the stem and fork? not even a hack mod?

I am starting to think, id probably ride the Domane more, I do think about the 'kit' for the Allant-I own either Lycra kits or MTB kits, and riding casual clothing on Allant wont be my go to-I know, useless thing to worry about haha.

So---2-3 day a week commute, 55miles round trip with one 800' hill on that commute and maybe some around town errands (I'd need some panniers for that) is my goal, which bike would you go for?

I believe you can modify the Allant 8 fork and stem
It looks like a proprietary headtube/stem/fork...but I am thinking I could get something on there, ive got a SID world cup fork that would be cool on there, some would say "it wont handle the weight"...well, im 145lbs, so, better than a big guy on the bike and a suspension fork haha....I keep looking at the Domane HP though, its so sick looking. Just don't know which i'd enjoy/ride more.
Thanks for replying.

Boy, it’s hard not to love that Domane.. if you’re looking to get going and stay going (for 55 miles, holy cow) that looks like a damn good choice. One serious bike!

Leaning towards Domane+ HP...im so intrigued by flat bar bikes because that is the bulk of my fleet (MTB) and I had a stigmata gravel bike that I put flat bars on...the BH e-road bike with flat bars looks super rad too...flat bars, thats probably why I considered the allant anyway haha.

You CAN put the secondary battery on the Domane eh? just like Allant? and that second battery is 500wh?

Leaning towards Domane+ HP...im so intrigued by flat bar bikes because that is the bulk of my fleet (MTB) and I had a stigmata gravel bike that I put flat bars on...the BH e-road bike with flat bars looks super rad too...flat bars, thats probably why I considered the allant anyway haha.

You CAN put the secondary battery on the Domane eh? just like Allant? and that second battery is 500wh?
2nd bat. is 625wh . The BH road ebikes not available in US.

2 different bikes, I am well aware and 2 different uses, but i'm intrigued by both.

I want a bike that I can commute to work, long commute, 55 miles, flat...since we're only doing 2-3 days a week now in office, great time to be a commuter right? I am a life long cyclist, own a lot of bikes (road, trail, DH, big trail bike and long time LEVO owner) so I was ready to pull trigger on the Allant, as I wanted that bigger battery, class 3 and POWER (I bought a CREO in Feb for this use, but it was SO SLOW compared to a Trek Super Commuter I borrowed for a day) so I just sold the creo, made no sense to me-ill keep riding my roadie.

So, ready to pull trigger on Allant, but, then seeing the Domane HP+, made me think that might be better, especially if I put straight bars on it (I can get levers and shifter from my wife, she's sponsored by shimano)....make a cool road/hybrid bike.

My hesitation on the Allant-the stem/fork deal; so I can NOT change the stem and fork? not even a hack mod?

I am starting to think, id probably ride the Domane more, I do think about the 'kit' for the Allant-I own either Lycra kits or MTB kits, and riding casual clothing on Allant wont be my go to-I know, useless thing to worry about haha.

So---2-3 day a week commute, 55miles round trip with one 800' hill on that commute and maybe some around town errands (I'd need some panniers for that) is my goal, which bike would you go for?

Creo is so slow? What were your speeds with creo vs the sc ? How much average power are you planning to put during your commute?

Every Bosch mid drive bike including SC, Allant etc. is more or less the same unless you go for a more aggressive geometry like hp+.

If comfort is not a problem then HP+ is the choice.

Back