Allant 9.9S issues and questions

Our local trek shop mechanic in Bellingham got in touch with the right person at Trek who changed the circumference to the actual, All good now,

I think they did that because people were bypassing the speed limiter by putting in a smaller circumference to make it look like they were going a lot slower than they really were.
No that does not work.They accounted for it so the speed will end up cutting out slightly sooner. I tried that many moons ago before I got the Bikespeed.

Only a dealer can change the wheel circumference on a Bosch system. And even then, they can only adjust +/-5%.
Not true I can do it on an Intuvia,but you say cannot do it on an Allant? Too bad I suppose but what does it really matter ?

Last edited:
There is a narrow range of circumference settings available to the rider through both the Intuvia and the Nyon. The issue with the Allant 9.9 is that the available range is too small to accommodate the size of the tires that come on the bike. That is not something for Bosch to adjust. It is a setting that Trek controls. There are two guys at Trek HQ reachable only through Trek service network. who can get into your system through. the dealer shop. With coivd 19 there can be delays but it can get done.

There is a narrow range of circumference settings available to the rider through both the Intuvia and the Nyon. The issue with the Allant 9.9 is that the available range is too small to accommodate the size of the tires that come on the bike. That is not something for Bosch to adjust. It is a setting that Trek controls. There are two guys at Trek HQ reachable only through Trek service network. who can get into your system through. the dealer shop. With coivd 19 there can be delays but it can get done.
Well how much is it off by?

Not nearly so much Steve. A 27.5 x 2.4 tire measures approximately 88.6" circumference. That is more like 3 percent.
OH yes according to Guru's calculater 27.5 x 2.35 is 221 cm ,so possiblly off by only 1 % ? Now that is not much to get excited about.

2.5 cm is one inch which is how far off it was from a target of 88.6 inches (225cm). I don't want my speed or distance traveled to be shortchanged at all, if possible.

2.5 cm is one inch which is how far off it was from a target of 88.6 inches (225cm). I don't want my speed or distance traveled to be shortchanged at all, if possible.
I appreciate that but expressed as a % would I be incorrect in calculating it would be only 1.12 % ?

Last edited:
Well, in actuality, one might expect this entire issue not to even exist, IF Trek were to actually give 2 shits.

well +5% would be good enough as that would get COBI above the 2224 (I found 2234 on the web, but can't argue with the math above), if the dealer can 5% that gets it to 2282.
Odd that Trek would not fix that before it left the factory. COBI also said my bike weighed 30lbs. but that i could change.

From tracking back through the thread, I would conclude that my setting isn't correct at 2234 (there from when I purchased the bike). But awhile back I figured out Strava (not feeding from Cobi to Strava but rather, running Strava independently) and my Strava distances are coming in almost identical to my Cobi distances. Am I missing something here?

Back