Allant 9.9S issues and questions

Are you planning to try to de-limit it?
Steve, The Allant 9.9s comes with the new gen 4 speed motor. Thus no need to derestrict it as it assists to 28 mph (45 kph) I have the gen 2 speed motor on my Homage Rohloff HS. The new motor has more torque which seems to make itself known at speed making it easier to maintain a speed in the mid 20s. The down side is that the 625 wh power tube battery gives about the same range as the old power pack 500 wh battery combined with the weaker gen 2 motor. The new motor is noisier, but they do claim it will quiet down over time. Truth be told, the derestricted CX on my Delight is the liveliest motor on a bike that I have, plus it does not quit at 28 but keeps going into the thirties if I am willing to spin and push that hard. The new motor has the full 46 tooth chain ring and does not have the wall when you reach the max assist speed. It is way easier to pedal without assist or beyond it.

Steve, The Allant 9.9s comes with the new gen 4 speed motor. Thus no need to derestrict it as it assists to 28 mph (45 kph) I have the gen 2 speed motor on my Homage Rohloff HS. The new motor has more torque which seems to make itself known at speed making it easier to maintain a speed in the mid 20s. The down side is that the 625 wh power tube battery gives about the same range as the old power pack 500 wh battery combined with the weaker gen 2 motor. The new motor is noisier, but they do claim it will quiet down over time. Truth be told, the derestricted CX on my Delight is the liveliest motor on a bike that I have, plus it does not quit at 28 but keeps going into the thirties if I am willing to spin and push that hard. The new motor has the full 46 tooth chain ring and does not have the wall when you reach the max assist speed. It is way easier to pedal without assist or beyond it.
Thank you

Back