Allant+ 7S Recall: Headlight bracket, Headlight Cable, Brake Lines

MrLibraryMan

Region
USA
I just found out this afternoon some vague information about a Trek recall. I told my LBS technician that my brake lines are being pulled and the headlight cable is kinked. He told me that he had just received a bulletin on this yesterday (Sept. 18, 2023) and that he would be happy to take care of this when I bring my bike to the shop. Evidently the headlight bracket is interfering with the brake lines and the headlight cable to cause this recall. Has anyone received notification of this yet? (I don't know if this is only for Allant+ 7S models or not. I bought mine in 2021.)

Attachments

• 2023September19_Trek Allant_ 7S.jpg
    2023September19_Trek Allant_ 7S.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I just found out this afternoon some vague information about a Trek recall. I told my LBS technician that my brake lines are being pulled and the headlight cable is kinked. He told me that he had just received a bulletin on this yesterday (Sept. 18, 2023) and that he would be happy to take care of this when I bring my bike to the shop. Evidently the headlight bracket is interfering with the brake lines and the headlight cable to cause this recall. Has anyone received notification of this yet? (I don't know if this is only for Allant+ 7S models or not. I bought mine in 2021.)
Call Trek Tech Support @ (800) 585-8735 for details. I also have a 2021 7s and plan to call tomorrow. However, Trek installed a handlebar riser when I purchased the bike and also a new front fork ~1,000 miles ago so they have had ample opportunity to ensure proper cable routing. Thanks for the heads-up.

No such issue with mine. Looks like an issue during assembly - which doesn't surprise me. I found lots of little nOOb mistakes on mine when going through it after purchase. Biggest oof was the front wheel bearings had WAY too much preload on them. Rack was (and still is) tweaked. One bottle boss won't stay in. Can't say Trek has been too helpful fixing things. Great bike, but dealers and Trek corporate have been 'meh at best. Also have not heard from them about any recalls.

I received the recall email from TREK yesterday and took it to my local TREK dealer today. They checked it out and noticed a kink where the rear brake hose enters the frame caused by the headlight bracket when making a sharp turn. They will replace the rear brake hose and light bracket this weekend. Better safe then sorry.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

Dear Trek Consumer,

Our records indicate that you purchased a Trek Allant+ 7 e‑bike model equipped with Tektro brakes. This letter is to notify you that Trek is recalling all Allant+ 7 e‑bike models with Tektro brakes, because the brake hose manufactured by Tektro can get damaged if it interferes with the headlight or headlight mounting bracket. If the brake hose is cut, it could result in loss of rear brake hose function. If this happens while you are riding, you could lose control of the bicycle and fall.

Your safety is very important to us. This letter contains important information about what to do next if you think you may have purchased an affected bicycle.
DO NOT RIDE THE BICYCLE
If the brake hose is cut from interference with the headlight or headlight mounting bracket, it could result in loss of rear brake hose function, and the rider could be involved in a serious accident. Do not ride an affected bicycle until it has been brought to a Trek retailer for inspection and repair. Please contact your local Trek retailer to schedule a service appointment for inspection and/or repair as needed.
WHAT TREK WILL DO FOR OWNERS OF AFFECTED BICYCLES
If you own an affected bicycle, Trek will provide you—through an authorized Trek retailer—a replacement headlight mounting bracket and rear brake hose, if warranted, at no cost to you.
In addition, when you bring your bicycle to a Trek retailer for inspection, Trek will give you a $10 USD / $13 CAD in‑store credit that can be used toward any Trek or Bontrager merchandise. The credit is good through December 31, 2023 and has no cash value.

I received the recall email from TREK yesterday and took it to my local TREK dealer today. They checked it out and noticed a kink where the rear brake hose enters the frame caused by the headlight bracket when making a sharp turn. They will replace the rear brake hose and light bracket this weekend. Better safe then sorry.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

Dear Trek Consumer,

Our records indicate that you purchased a Trek Allant+ 7 e‑bike model equipped with Tektro brakes. This letter is to notify you that Trek is recalling all Allant+ 7 e‑bike models with Tektro brakes, because the brake hose manufactured by Tektro can get damaged if it interferes with the headlight or headlight mounting bracket. If the brake hose is cut, it could result in loss of rear brake hose function. If this happens while you are riding, you could lose control of the bicycle and fall.

Your safety is very important to us. This letter contains important information about what to do next if you think you may have purchased an affected bicycle.
DO NOT RIDE THE BICYCLE
If the brake hose is cut from interference with the headlight or headlight mounting bracket, it could result in loss of rear brake hose function, and the rider could be involved in a serious accident. Do not ride an affected bicycle until it has been brought to a Trek retailer for inspection and repair. Please contact your local Trek retailer to schedule a service appointment for inspection and/or repair as needed.
WHAT TREK WILL DO FOR OWNERS OF AFFECTED BICYCLES
If you own an affected bicycle, Trek will provide you—through an authorized Trek retailer—a replacement headlight mounting bracket and rear brake hose, if warranted, at no cost to you.
In addition, when you bring your bicycle to a Trek retailer for inspection, Trek will give you a $10 USD / $13 CAD in‑store credit that can be used toward any Trek or Bontrager merchandise. The credit is good through December 31, 2023 and has no cash value.
This documentation is exactly what I wanted to read and need to be on the lookout for! Thank you, TexasVet!

Back