Allant+7 thoughts/review

Longtime rider here, 65 years old now. My legs aren't what they used to be. I'm looking at the Allant+ 7. I don't think I really need extra speed of the the S model but I noticed they don't offer the stagger frame on the the non S model. Is that correct? Also was wondering how much does the battery itself weigh? Would removing the battery help much loading on to my pickup? I'm used to just lifting my carbon fiber road bike over the tailgate and strapping in in.

Definitely remove the battery first. I'd also recommend buying a rack with either wheel "hoops" or wheel ramps. That way you don't have to lift the whole bike at once, you can load one tire than the other. That's how I do it anyway.

I lift my +7 on my rack fairly often lately and almost always remove the battery first. Every little bit helps. It’s a higher lift when I have the rack on my pickup so I need all the help I can get! Get your legs under you and use them to lift or get/fabricate a ramp.

I lift my +7 on my rack fairly often lately and almost always remove the battery first. Every little bit helps. It’s a higher lift when I have the rack on my pickup so I need all the help I can get! Get your legs under you and use them to lift or get/fabricate a ramp.
I was doing a little measuring yesterday. I'll probably make me a ramp. I'll wait till I get a bike and see how it goes. Talked to Trek dealer yesterday. They are about the best dealer for e-bikes around here, about 45 miles from me. Limited stock and iffy on ordering most models in my size. I think they have a Verve+3, Allant+7, and he had one Allant+ 7S with the stagger frame in silver only. I'm 65 now and in pretty good shape but wondering if I would be better off getting the stagger frame. I'm just going to have to go up there and check them out. Some of my family I ride with that are a little older than me all have e-bikes now. Wife's afraid they're going to kill me. I had a little heart attack and a stent put in back in May and she's been freaking out ever since.

I was doing a little measuring yesterday. I'll probably make me a ramp. I'll wait till I get a bike and see how it goes. Talked to Trek dealer yesterday. They are about the best dealer for e-bikes around here, about 45 miles from me. Limited stock and iffy on ordering most models in my size. I think they have a Verve+3, Allant+7, and he had one Allant+ 7S with the stagger frame in silver only. I'm 65 now and in pretty good shape but wondering if I would be better off getting the stagger frame. I'm just going to have to go up there and check them out. Some of my family I ride with that are a little older than me all have e-bikes now. Wife's afraid they're going to kill me. I had a little heart attack and a stent put in back in May and she's been freaking out ever since.
I had major open heart surgery years ago and the ebike can be a great help to keep from having more issues. I have the +7 regular frame and do just fine. I’m not impressed with the Verve +3. Didn’t care for the geometry or the motor’s lack of guts.

I had major open heart surgery years ago and the ebike can be a great help to keep from having more issues. I have the +7 regular frame and do just fine. I’m not impressed with the Verve +3. Didn’t care for the geometry or the motor’s lack of guts.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards the Allant+ 7. I'll have to see what's available. Bad time to buy one. Brother had a triple bypass a few years back. That's why he got an e-bike. Sister in law has one now also. I've watched him go up hills with ease that normally I could out ride him easy. I do fine with my road bike but would ride routes with big hills more if I had the e- bike. Thanks for all the advice. I'll let you know if I get one.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the Allant+ 7. I'll have to see what's available. Bad time to buy one. Brother had a triht ple bypass a few years back. That's why he got an e-bike. Sister in law has one now also. I've watched him go up hills with ease that normally I could out ride him easy. I do fine with my road bike but would ride routes with big hills more if I had the e- bike. Thanks for all the advice. I'll let you know if I get one.
Highly recommend the Allant+ 7 Stagger in silver. Bought mine about 3 months ago, have put about 1300 miles on it so far.
fullsizeoutput_1eec.jpeg

I just sold my Trek SC7 and want to replace it with a medium frame guest rider. I was wavering between Specialized and Trek but think now the Allant 7plus will work well. I think the $300 difference is well worth the upgrade. I’m riding an Allant 9s now but if I had originally went with the SC8 I would probably still be riding it. Get the Class 3

I was wondering about adding an adjustable stem just in case I want a little more upright position. Figure I'll try the stock seat and post to start out.

Interested to hear your comments on the Verve + 3 Dallant. It is serving my needs well, but admittedly, I am new to e-Biking!

Interested to hear your comments on the Verve + 3 Dallant. It is serving my needs well, but admittedly, I am new to e-Biking!
They are very different bicycles and it’s important to note that Ive been looking at the +3 recently for my wife. The +3 is pretty much a street/paved path bike, IMO, given no suspension and the tires it comes with. Each person has their own geometry to link to a bike‘s ‘fit’ so what I like (or don’t) may or may not apply to anyone else. That said, my wife liked its more upright sitting position vs my +7.
My comment about the +3 motor is in direct comparison to my CX with the Bosch update.
Truth is that I have different motivations when looking at an ebike for her. I’d like to have another +7 in the family so we can share batteries and go on similar terrain, even share some parts if necessary.

Last edited:
They are very different bicycles and it’s important to note that Ive been looking at the +3 recently for my wife. The +3 is pretty much a street/paved path bike, IMO, given no suspension and the tires it comes with. Each person has their own geometry to link to a bike‘s ‘fit’ so what I like (or don’t) may or may not apply to anyone else. That said, my wife liked its more upright sitting position vs my +7.
My comment about the +3 motor is in direct comparison to my CX with the Bosch update.
Truth is that I have different motivations when looking at an ebike for her. I’d like to have another +7 in the family so we can share batteries and go on similar terrain, even share some parts if necessary.
Thanks Dallant. You are right, it is geared more toward commuting; streets and pavement... which is where I started out riding the Verve. Now I am increasingly into some relatively tame trails, so the need to add suspension in the stem and seat post. I am likely also going to switch to some Schwalbe tires with a bit more tread.

Reactions: DMW
Thanks Dallant. You are right, it is geared more toward commuting; streets and pavement... which is where I started out riding the Verve. Now I am increasingly into some relatively tame trails, so the need to add suspension in the stem and seat post. I am likely also going to switch to some Schwalbe tires with a bit more tread.
At this point I’m going to push for the +7 low step and get a new, adjustable handlebar stem to give her the more upright position she likes. The $500 difference in price more than pays for the CX motor, suspension, tires and the same rack as mine so we can share the same Racktime rack bag.

Nice bike. Quit tempting me like that. What kind of range are you getting?
I pretty much just use ECO mode except for an occasional bump up to TOUR going up steeper inclines. Usually get three 20 mile rides out of a full charge with about 5 miles range left before I recharge.

I pretty much just use ECO mode except for an occasional bump up to TOUR going up steeper inclines. Usually get three 20 mile rides out of a full charge with about 5 miles range left before I recharge.
Sounds pretty good. Most of my rides are 20 miles or less but would like to be able to do at least 40 miles once in a while using more assist on the big hills.

I just noticed the 7 handle bar looks slightly lower than the 7S if you look at pics on trek website but your 7S looks different. Did you change your stem? Is it just a matter of how many spacers? 20200903_140106.jpgI just looked at my old road bike. Looks like same type. I remember having them flip it before I took it home but never changed anything on it since. If I go look at them I might ask about an adjustable one.

Last edited:
I'm about 3 weeks in with an Allant 7 low step. Initially ordered an Allant 8 with stagger frame. Changed my mind due to 1) stagger frame is not much different than the regular frame, I really like the low step, makes the bike a lot easier to use (I'm 68, 235 lbs.) and, 2) the rack on the 8 is, in my opinion, ridiculous. I ordered a regular rack for it , I want to use a trunk bag, not panniers, and Trek discovered it can't work, you cannot change out the 8's rack set up. I also had a different stem put on the 7, maximum height and rake angle. It helps, but I'd like an even higher, closer one.
So far, love the bike. Hills are no longer dreaded, longer and more enjoyable rides are the result.

Back