Allant +7 Range Estimate

Lancdoc

Region
USA
Recently took a 28 mile ride on a rail trail with my Allant +7, no large hills. Average speed was between 15-20 mph, paced by a younger more athletic biker. I charged my battery prior to the ride and rode exclusively in the EMTB lite (old tour) selection. Range estimate at start was 122 miles, range estimate at finish was 151 miles! My battery strength did go down 1 bar from start. Don't suspect I'll need the battery extender!

that seems way off. even in eco and you doing most of the work. I always ride about 18mph on my 8 and I would get maybe 50 mils or so.

I have a Verve+3 and in Eco I have had mine read a range of 100 miles at times. Mine is a 500 wh battery, I assume your is the bigger one. I can see that kind of range you got if the ground was flat and not a lot of wind.

I have the 500wh battery as well, ground was flat, no wind, and I weigh about 155lbs. I was impressed with how well the EMTB lite mode worked on the bike.

If you look at Bosch’s graphs for range you will see a significant drop in distance with Sport and Turbo. Plus, Bosch uses the last 1.5 miles to calculate range. So if you are coasting or light peddling you will sometimes see your range increase while you ride.

Because I was running out of electrons much too frequently I added the 500w Range Extender and swapped out the 500w RIB replacing it with the 625w RIB. I ride Turbo exclusively when solo with a range of ~60 miles with an average speed of 22-25mph.

When riding with a group in Tour @ 10-15mph my range >200 miles. In Eco I have seen my range >300 miles. I ride an Allant+7s. (150lbs, 71 yrs young)

If you look at Bosch’s graphs for range you will see a significant drop in distance with Sport and Turbo. Plus, Bosch uses the last 1.5 miles to calculate range. So if you are coasting or light peddling you will sometimes see your range increase while you ride.

Because I was running out of electrons much too frequently I added the 500w Range Extender and swapped out the 500w RIB replacing it with the 625w RIB. I ride Turbo exclusively when solo with a range of ~60 miles with an average speed of 22-25mph.

When riding with a group in Tour @ 10-15mph my range >200 miles. In Eco I have seen my range >300 miles. I ride an Allant+7s. (150lbs, 71 yrs young)
Your experience seems to be consistent with mine. It will be interesting to see if the EMTB lite which replaced Tour in the latest software update does significantly increase the range which is suggested. Interestingly, the Bosch motors are apparently tweaked a bit differently in the Allant +7 and the Allant +7S

Back