Allant +7 headlight

I want to be able to update the firmware without driving 25 miles to my dealer and having to leave the bike for service and making another trip to pick it up. You can update firmware and operating systems on things like smartphones and computer without going through a dealer. Should be the same here. If performance is altered in any way their can be a disclaimer and a void of the warranty or some parts of the firmware could be locked down so it is a dealer only portion of the firmware.
The update takes about 15 minutes tops. No overnight needed. Just make an appointment, if necessary. My Allant+7 Bosch update was performed while the dealer fixed a flat and, no appointment needed, I just dropped in.
The updates don’t happen but once a year or so. The updates for autos and motorcycles are mostly dealer only while under warranty.

My dealer is swamped this summer and will do nothing while you wait. The updates have been random but I know mine has need to be connected to the Bosch software twice already.

My dealer is swamped this summer and will do nothing while you wait. The updates have been random but I know mine has need to be connected to the Bosch software twice already.
For what? Guess I was lucky. Good luck.

Curious if anyone has found an Allant with a selectable blinking light capability yet?

Curious if anyone has found an Allant with a selectable blinking light capability yet?

The lights on my brand new Allant+ 7s does not blink. There's no indication in the manual for the light that it should blink. The only option is on/off and it needs to be enabled by the LBS.

Nope, don't think this will be a option anytime soon.... Hopefully i am wrong. Would be nice to have a blinking lights though. I asked two different LBS and they both gave me the same answer. They only have the option to turn on/off

The lights on my brand new Allant+ 7s does not blink. There's no indication in the manual for the light that it should blink. The only option is on/off and it needs to be enabled by the LBS.
Yeah, the headlight on my Allant 8+S (SmartPhone Hub) is ALWAYS ON; no blink-MOST of the time, ha! Emailed Bosch and was told that blinking is NOT an option with the SmartPhone Hub. That's horse puckey, because mine will blink at certain points into a ride. Don't happen every ride, I don't think (co-riders have told me it's blinking). Maybe a loose connection? Software craziness? Again, it only happens after several miles-never at start-up. But I can't seem to duplicate it on my own. It happened again today, so I stopped and shot a short video of the blinking light to prove I'm not crazy! And shouldn't I have been notified by Bosch or Trek about a software update? I'm only reading about it in this forum.

Yeah, the headlight on my Allant 8+S (SmartPhone Hub) is ALWAYS ON; no blink-MOST of the time, ha! Emailed Bosch and was told that blinking is NOT an option with the SmartPhone Hub. That's horse puckey, because mine will blink at certain points into a ride. Don't happen every ride, I don't think (co-riders have told me it's blinking). Maybe a loose connection? Software craziness? Again, it only happens after several miles-never at start-up. But I can't seem to duplicate it on my own. It happened again today, so I stopped and shot a short video of the blinking light to prove I'm not crazy! And shouldn't I have been notified by Bosch or Trek about a software update? I'm only reading about it in this forum.
I have a 8S as well... only way to get the blinking to occur is when the sun is behind you. Or you place a bright enough light into the rear tail light. There is a sensor inside the rear tail light that I can’t tell which side it’s on but, I can confirm it will blink if sun or light is shinning onto the rear light.

I have a 8S as well... only way to get the blinking to occur is when the sun is behind you. Or you place a bright enough light into the rear tail light. There is a sensor inside the rear tail light that I can’t tell which side it’s on but, I can confirm it will blink if sun or light is shinning onto the rear light.
Now THAT is interesting! Gotta experiment with that. Thanks. And I'm not crazy about the Cobi.bike app, and, to me, the Smartphone hub (without the phone mounted) is kinda "blah". So I've considered installing the Kiox display, if I can obtain one. Any thoughts? And what about the available software update? Have you done that?

Now THAT is interesting! Gotta experiment with that. Thanks. And I'm not crazy about the Cobi.bike app, and, to me, the Smartphone hub (without the phone mounted) is kinda "blah". So I've considered installing the Kiox display, if I can obtain one. Any thoughts? And what about the available software update? Have you done that?
I flipped the smartphone upside down . And use a quad lock to hold my phone in place while using the cobi app.. works better than the universal mount..... was thinking of maybe getting the new Nyon display once available depending on price as well. For now the cobi app suffices

I have been running mine at 50psi front and rear. Had a blowout on the rear tire Sunday after running over something sharp (thorn?) on the bike trail. Not sure who has had the pleasure of pulling their rear wheel yet to replace an inner tube? Getting the wheel off was a snap, but getting it back on was a PITA.

Also, thanks to Tpete61 for posting the info about the Racktime adapter. I had ordered a Bontrager rear bag before I realized that the rack on the 7+s wasn't MIK compatible. My local bike shop was completely clueless that Racktime had their own line of bags and the adapter you could order. I ordered the adapter the other day (from a US on-line bike parts supply house) and it looks like it should be able to be screwed onto the Bontrager bag in place of the MIK adapter. Supposed to get to it early next week and will post a picture once it's on the bag and on the bike.
What is the link for the Racktime adapter please.

Last edited:
WhT is the link for the Racktime adapter please.
I ordered one from Modern Bike. Try: Shop
arrow
Accessories
arrow
Racks
arrow
Rack Parts
arrow
Racktime
arrow

BTW fellow Allant +7 owners, what tire pressure do you generally run in your Schwalbe G-Ones?
I only have 250 miles on my 7s so far, but am running @ 45psi as a starting point and may adjust from there, but feels good so far. And love the tires.

Back