Allant +7 headlight

Not sure, I haven't touched them since I bought it. I have them pretty firm. I don't believe i have a gauge that works on presta valves

Not sure, I haven't touched them since I bought it. I have them pretty firm. I don't believe i have a gauge that works on presta valves
Do you have a floor air pump? My Bontrager floor pump has a gauge built-in. I’m running mine between 45-50 psi.

Last edited:
I usually run my tire pressure near the max suggested psi listed on the tire sidewall for the rear wheel and about 10 psi less on the front wheel. But I'm not a lightweight so I need the added pressure despite the less supple ride. I don't remember what the psi range is for the G-One tires off the top of my head.

Jan Heine wrote a good article on the subject of ideal tire pressure here. A shorter version of this article originally was published in Bicycle Quarterly here. This is targeted mainly toward road and touring bike tire pressures, but the same principals could be extrapolated to other tires (trail, city, etc.).

I usually run my tire pressure near the max suggested psi listed on the tire sidewall for the rear wheel and about 10 psi less on the front wheel. But I'm not a lightweight so I need the added pressure despite the less supple ride. I don't remember what the psi range is for the G-One tires off the top of my head.

Jan Heine wrote a good article on the subject of ideal tire pressure here. A shorter version of this article originally was published in Bicycle Quarterly here. This is targeted mainly toward road and touring bike tire pressures, but the same principals could be extrapolated to other tires (trail, city, etc.).
Ok...yeah. Ride “supple” tires at whatever pressure feels good to you. Lets return to my question.
WHAT TIRE PRESSURE ARE YOU RUNNING IN YOUR SCHWALBE G-ONES? The range listed on my SCHWALBE G-ONES tires is 26-54 psi and I’m generally running 45-50.

I use a Topeak Fast Fuel X Dry bag on my Allant+9.9s It keeps the small items I need close at hand, fits on the Allant top tube nicely and looks great on the bike.

View attachment 58116

I have a Brooks Isle of Wight saddle bag for tools, spare tube, etc.

View attachment 58117
Is that saddle comfortable? Looks very narrow and hard in the photo? Nice bike, of course.

54psi in the rear 45-50psi in the front.
I have always kept both front and back tires at the same pressure more out of laziness than any technical reason. I have no idea if my Schwalbes are considered supple or whatever the alternative is. Some day I’ll have to let some air out just for fun to see how they feel at sub-40 psi.

I have been running mine at 50psi front and rear. Had a blowout on the rear tire Sunday after running over something sharp (thorn?) on the bike trail. Not sure who has had the pleasure of pulling their rear wheel yet to replace an inner tube? Getting the wheel off was a snap, but getting it back on was a PITA.

Also, thanks to Tpete61 for posting the info about the Racktime adapter. I had ordered a Bontrager rear bag before I realized that the rack on the 7+s wasn't MIK compatible. My local bike shop was completely clueless that Racktime had their own line of bags and the adapter you could order. I ordered the adapter the other day (from a US on-line bike parts supply house) and it looks like it should be able to be screwed onto the Bontrager bag in place of the MIK adapter. Supposed to get to it early next week and will post a picture once it's on the bag and on the bike.

I have been running mine at 50psi front and rear. Had a blowout on the rear tire Sunday after running over something sharp (thorn?) on the bike trail. Not sure who has had the pleasure of pulling their rear wheel yet to replace an inner tube? Getting the wheel off was a snap, but getting it back on was a PITA.

Also, thanks to Tpete61 for posting the info about the Racktime adapter. I had ordered a Bontrager rear bag before I realized that the rack on the 7+s wasn't MIK compatible. My local bike shop was completely clueless that Racktime had their own line of bags and the adapter you could order. I ordered the adapter the other day (from a US on-line bike parts supply house) and it looks like it should be able to be screwed onto the Bontrager bag in place of the MIK adapter. Supposed to get to it early next week and will post a picture once it's on the bag and on the bike.
Sorry to hear you had a flat! Good luck fixing it. Any documentation you can do would be appreciated!

Yup, you will be swapping it out in minutes for an excellent solution.

I just checked my pressure its 40psi on both. I pumped them up to 50 psi. I attempted to put green slime in my tires after removing the presta valve and found it nearly impossible to squeeze the slime into the valve stem, I was able to do it without the hose but had to put the cap right up to the rim which was hard to fit and it made a bit of a mess.. They made it look easy on a youtube video. I think I'm going to buy the green slime tubes. I wonder why they went with presta valves on these sized rims? I hate presta valves.

Last edited:
I just checked my pressure its 40psi on both. I pumped them up to 50 psi. I attempted to put green slime in my tires after removing the presta valve and found it nearly impossible to squeeze the slime into the valve stem, I was able to do it without the hose but had to put the cap right up to the rim which was hard to fit and it made a bit of a mess.. They made it look easy on a youtube video. I think I'm going to buy the green slime tubes. I wonder why they went with presta valves on these sized rims? I hate presta valves.
The weird part about my flat was that the hole was on the inside/rim side of tube yet the tech couldn’t find any reason for it. The original factory tape was pristine and fully in place.

Is that saddle comfortable? Looks very narrow and hard in the photo? Nice bike, of course.
Combined with gel padded shorts, he Selle Anatomica H2 is the one I have found most comfortable after trying many others (marginaly better than a Brooks, head & shoulders better than any padded, Barkalounger saddle. YMMV

I agree, it’s not flimsy. I just got a Racktime Odin bag with the Racktime Adapter on the bottom. it has side pockets that contain panniers. It’s pretty tough stuff and the bag rocks!
47B83EC3-D6B0-4B48-98E9-65330CEF8988.jpeg
AA49DF19-E4A3-4F18-975A-88776C4E3568.jpeg
C8B18FE7-63C1-4890-AEE0-B0BCB7E468DF.jpeg

Last edited:
So I just received my Trek Allant+ 7s today. I can confirm that the ability to turn on/off the light needs to be programmed by the LBS. The tech at the LBS didn't even know about this. I had to tell him to check the software again for the option. When he pulled it up and there it was; I took a screenshot. You can see there are several options for the light setting.

IMG_0396.jpeg

Last edited:
Thx for the info!

Hmm, what happens if other adjustments are not correct and how would we know the correct Info for our bike? How would I see them if I did not get to watch the programming?

after he set the light the bike seemed a little sluggish especially on hills, probably my perception Since I only had a few miles but I wish I could control this myself....

Yup, Certainly wish we could re-program or update firmware at home. It's a deal breaker for some of my friends that want an e-bike but don't want everything locked down on the electronics side. I understand some of the reasoning for this but not all of it. Their should certainly be some aspects of the firmware that should be user programmable.

Yup, Certainly wish we could re-program or update firmware at home. It's a deal breaker for some of my friends that want an e-bike but don't want everything locked down on the electronics side. I understand some of the reasoning for this but not all of it. Their should certainly be some aspects of the firmware that should be user programmable.
I’m a bit surprised that this is a deal breaker for anyone. What part of the firmware do you want to program? The light on/off function I get but, if I’m a manufacturer who warrants my ebike, I’m certainly not giving carte blanche especially since most want to jack performance beyond what I’m willing to warrant the bike for.

I’m a bit surprised that this is a deal breaker for anyone. What part of the firmware do you want to program? The light on/off function I get but, if I’m a manufacturer who warrants my ebike, I’m certainly not giving carte blanche especially since most want to jack performance beyond what I’m willing to warrant the bike for.

I want to be able to update the firmware without driving 25 miles to my dealer and having to leave the bike for service and making another trip to pick it up. You can update firmware and operating systems on things like smartphones and computer without going through a dealer. Should be the same here. If performance is altered in any way their can be a disclaimer and a void of the warranty or some parts of the firmware could be locked down so it is a dealer only portion of the firmware.

Back