Accessories for your XP

I have the Suntour NCX like a lot of people on this post have and I love it, can't say anything about the ThudBuster have no experience with them, but some people here have them and really like them also. The size that Lectric claims is 31.8mm, but the 31.6mm fits just fine.
I am from NYC and it certainly has a lot of pothole and cracks in the road. When I first took out the lectic xp for a ride to work, it shook me to my bones. I changed the original seat post to a suspension spring post that I brought on Amazon (like the one Lectric sells). It wasn't really that adjustable and it was still a bit too firm for my taste. But it was an improvement over the original post. I was holding back on getting the Thudbuster because it was expensive and I wasn't sure if it would be a significant improvement...well I ordered it and tried it out on a short ride. WOW, it is wonderful...it is so good that I thought something was wrong with the bike because it felt too cushioned. I can't wait to start using it on my daily commute to work. Two thumbs up!

Attachments

• GANOPPER Suspension Seatpost.jpg
    GANOPPER Suspension Seatpost.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 672
  • Thudbuster.jpg
    Thudbuster.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 735
Last edited:
Finished making a DIY quick connect milk crate. The crate is such a pleasure to use, it takes seconds to connect and disconnect using latches and a custom mounting plate. Next, I want to make a custom D lock mounting bracket and a custom phone holder

Attachments

• 20191117_141423.jpg
    20191117_141423.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 1,542
I was checking out Banggood which is a new site for me and was looking at lights for bicycle safety when I found this rear light. I've don't think I've ever seen anything so cringy in my life, especially when you find out "how you turn it on"https://www.banggood.com/Cycling-Ni...tml?rmmds=category&ID=513344&cur_warehouse=CN
I hope no well meaning Granny will buy this for a Christmas gift!
Not gonna ask what you used for a search query for that..lol. maybe there's a blue one available for the proverbial blue balls...

Here you go for the cost breakdown. I'm also adding a few more items which I did not mention earlier.
Some of the items are from my road bike (bought them a few years ago, don't remember how much they were).

1. Blackburn Front Rack ($45)
2. Suntour SP12 NCX Suspension Seatpost ($105)
3. Cloud 9 Saddle (from my road bike)
4. Cygolite Front Light (from my road bike)
5. Bike Tail Light with Turn Signal - Wireless Remote ($28)
6. Electric Horn (from my road bike)
7. Shimano Pedals (from my road bike)
8. SC Riser Mountain Handle Bar ($35)
9. Handle Bar Grips ($20)
10. Water bottle holder ($8 for a pair)
11. 3D Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap ($8)
12. Tesla Emblem ($6)
13. 1 inch Metal Cable Clamp ($11) - you'll need these to mount the front rack to your fork

If you add these all up, the overall cost of my modified XP version is still reasonable considering the base price of the XP.

Well done... the Tesla emblem is perfect and makes a statement. ;)

Tesla's Mission is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable transportation/energy.

1574873927216.png

I want to change out the grips when I get mine with lock on grips. Does it use the standard gripshift ones? Never liked the ergonomic grips.

To get a little off topic, I was considering getting a new bicycle helmet recently after examining my old eps foam helmet made by Bell. It is a nice looking helmet but I was thinking that since the foam was so rigid, alot of the impact forces from an accident would be transferred through the rigid foam and directly to my head. My searching for a helmet that would absorb more of the impact forces led me to discover the new wavecel helmets. After buying one, I am quite impressed with the comfort and quality of the helmet, you guys may want to consider it.

Attachments

• Bontrager specter.jpg
    Bontrager specter.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 466
To get a little off topic, I was considering getting a new bicycle helmet recently after examining my old eps foam helmet made by Bell. It is a nice looking helmet but I was thinking that since the foam was so rigid, alot of the impact forces from an accident would be transferred through the rigid foam and directly to my head. My searching for a helmet that would absorb more of the impact forces led me to discover the new wavecel helmets. After buying one, I am quite impressed with the comfort and quality of the helmet, you guys may want to consider it.
Its great that there is continuing research and development on helmets. Thanks for this, I think they are on the right track.

Well I don't even have mine yet (coming Friday, Lord willin' and the creek don't rise), but I've got the usual slew of add-ons ready to go:
case for the rack, underseat bag, mirrors, lock/alarm, repair/tool/inflation kit, tube bag, etc.

And being the funny guy that I am, I added something to the window of the bag, mostly as a joke but maybe a slight deterrent to touching.

Attachments

• Danger.JPG
    Danger.JPG
    465.7 KB · Views: 473
Well, finally got it after being in FedEx hell for a while.

Here's what I got so far.

Top box off eBay fit well, zip tied on.
Underseat bag/case.
Bicycle GPS.
Handlebar extender.
Cree headlight.
Splumzer seat shock absorber.

Oh, I slapped on a screen protector. Had an extra laying around, applied it and trimmed it with a razor. Will do for now.

Got a Kryptolock, C9 seat, rear-views, white reflective tape coming today. I have white tape over the side logos for now, but going to replace that with the reflecting tape.

Putting slime in the tires? Yes/no?

Took it out in 15F weather yesterday.

Attachments

• cree.jpg
    cree.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 1,169
  • gps.jpg
    gps.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 1,048
  • high voltage.jpg
    high voltage.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 1,216
  • IMG_0531smaller.jpg
    IMG_0531smaller.jpg
    365.7 KB · Views: 1,257
The trunk is awesome!
Yeah, I have an identical one one my 1985 Honda Elite 150 Deluxe, which also has a small rack.
The question was whether it could be mounted far enough back so that it would open. There was actually a couple inches to spare.
I use this, and my other vehicles for practical transportation, so it was essential that I have a way to haul a bag or two of groceries.
And it is under $30 delivered. Waterproof, lockable, quick-release removable.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Oh, and I ended up with some good rear-view mirrors, after returning a few that just didn't work well.
They are motorcycle level, but are perfect and sturdy.

Last edited:
Back