Abus Cafe Lock Advice for WattWagon Ultimate Commuter Pro

Gerryb

Has anyone successfully attached a cafe lock to your WattWagon UC Pro? I am specifically looking at the Abus 5750 Frame Lock which is wide enough to handle the tires but just don't know if it comes with hardware that will work with the UC Pro's seat stays.

You can also get these straps from Amazon. They're better than zip ties because they are flat and lay tight against the frame so it's very difficult to cut them. This will be the only thing holding your cafe lock in place on the bike.

Excellent, penserv. They look like a terrific option. Unless I overlooked them, I did not see them on the Abus website but these look like the perfect solution.
Thanks.

I hope that link works. I know these things are hard to get. In December, I couldn't find them in Canada at all and from Amazon the shipping and tax was more than the straps. But they work very well and you can take them on and off, just have to reverse them on the first re-install.

Sorry for the delay in responding but just saw your post. I mounted an Abus frame lock to my Ride1Up Lmt'd using hose clamps. Drilled a hole through the hose clamp so that the tightening nut would be to the outside. I got a fender washer and bent it to radius of the frame using a pipe the same size (used a ball peen hammer to bend it). I put three layers of electrical tape around the frame to keep from scratching the paint. Then I ran a bolt through the washer, the clamp, and then the lock. It worked great. I finally bought some Pasti Dip (rubberized "paint" to put grips on tools) and covered everything. Unless you really look closely, you won't notice the clamp. It's rock solid and doesn't shake or vibrate. I tried the adapters that Abus sells but I could never make them tighten down enough.

Attachments​

• IMG_20201124_163928 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20201124_163928 - Copy.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201124_210515.jpg
    IMG_20201124_210515.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 0

Reactions: rtp
Back