About to take the Lectric leap. Man vs step thru

wings02

I’m ready to purchase Lectric bikes for me and my wife. We are both in our 60’s and are looking for a little exercise in a relaxing way. I’m getting the XP step-thru model for my wife and pondering the same model for myself. I’ve already addressed the issue of possibly hitting my knee on the folding hinge bracket on the “men’s” model so I think that is a non issue. Is there any advantage of going with the step thru model over the XP as far as comfort or ease of operation? I’m not looking at this as a macho decision (ok, maybe a little) but are there other males out there that went with the step-thru model?

I’m ready to purchase Lectric bikes for me and my wife. We are both in our 60’s and are looking for a little exercise in a relaxing way. I’m getting the XP step-thru model for my wife and pondering the same model for myself. I’ve already addressed the issue of possibly hitting my knee on the folding hinge bracket on the “men’s” model so I think that is a non issue. Is there any advantage of going with the step thru model over the XP as far as comfort or ease of operation? I’m not looking at this as a macho decision (ok, maybe a little) but are there other males out there that went with the step-thru model?
I have had my Lectric for over one year now and have never looked back. Unless your under 5 feet 4 you don't require the step thru. We have fout standard xp bikes in our family and we range from 5 foot four to six feet and no issue. Either bike is terrific..Welcome to the Lectric world..The guy complaining about the latch has not adjusted it right. It's a non issue...

I have had my Lectric for over one year now and have never looked back. Unless your under 5 feet 4 you don't require the step thru. We have fout standard xp bikes in our family and we range from 5 foot four to six feet and no issue. Either bike is terrific..Welcome to the Lectric world..The guy complaining about the latch has not adjusted it right. It's a non issue...
I have adjusted it right...and it still was not right. Get the Step Thru...its a no brainer and stop with the gender nonsense on all these threads. I wish the Step Thru was available when I ordered. Being a senior myself, do the right thing and get one.

I'm a big dude of a guy and considering the step thru myself. I initially thought it would be a self conscious thing for a guy to get a step thru anything, but i've seen guys on other step thru bikes and they looked just fine.

I got a step thru and have never been sorry. As I age and my body just doesn't do what it used to, the step thru was the right choice for me for both comfort and safety.

The step-thru looks to be Easier to Lock-up.
Nice rear "triangle" to put your Chain or U-Lock thru.
Locking the XP takes a bit of Creativity.

64 yo. 6‘ tall. I bought a step-through because it was really comfortable getting on. No regrets

Reactions: BET
I would actually order the step-thru if you are just doing casual riding. Plus anyone in my family can ride it.

I would also get white for better visibility. :)

I will say this. As an owner of a Black XP (non-step thru), based on my casual riding about town, if I had to do over again, I would have taken a step thru. But I wrestle with the look. So when I ordered my ESPIN bike last month I originally ordered the Flow and last minute changed to the Sport. My 3rd bike is going to be dual suspension!

I'm a big dude of a guy and considering the step thru myself. I initially thought it would be a self conscious thing for a guy to get a step thru anything, but i've seen guys on other step thru bikes and they looked just fine.

You haven’t seen me riding my girlfriend’s purple step thru bike. And it’s not a hot rod purple, no.. it’s more like the purple power ranger. If you’re riding around philly and see a dude in a purple step thru, come say hello. You can’t miss me, i’ll be the one riding with the paper bag over my head.

Joking aside, I do consider a lot of step thru bikes as unisex (including the lectric xp step thru). If anyone tells you that step thru bikes are for women only then show them pictures of the Zugo Rhino Step thru or the Juiced Scorpion ebikes.

... Is there any advantage of going with the step thru model over the XP as far as comfort or ease of operation? I’m not looking at this as a macho decision (ok, maybe a little) but are there other males out there that went with the step-thru model?

One advantage is.. if you decide to take a ride by yourself, then you can borrow the battery from the other bike and double your range.

Another advantage of getting 2 of the same ebikes is when you need to troubleshoot a problem. For example, If you suspect that one battery pack has an issue, you can test it on the other ebike and therefor eliminating or confirming a bad battery pack.

Back