About to take the Lectric leap. Man vs step thru

I have a Pedego Boomerang step through. I weigh 300#. I have no issues with frame flex.
For peace of mind my bike has a lifetime warranty.
I don't think heavy trail riding or launching off a steep ramp would be good for the bike but normal street riding or paved/gravel trails won't cause any harm

Well I just ordered my xp yesterday and chose the standard frame. For me it was about the looks of the standard that I personally like better.I have no issues stepping over a standard frame bike but if I did have an issue I wouldn’t hesitate to a step thru.My wife and I have 2 beach cruisers and sometimes when I go out for ride by myself I’ll take her step thru cruiser because it has a basket to put some stuff into.Btw I saw a comparison between the 2 XP’s on YouTube and the person said the step thru felt lighter and more nimble in the handling department because the center of gravity is lower on the step thru.Said his wife preferred the way it handled also.

I saw that same video... what I like is that the Step's pedals are 2 inches lower than the standard. While he was saying that is helpful for shorter riders, that is also helpful for taller riders because you don't need to raise the seat as high to get a better extension.

How is pedaling on PAS-0? I'm hoping to be able to use this bike non-power assisted. I imagine it's similar to riding a BMX... more pedal rotations due to the smaller wheels.

Just bought the step-thru and not looking back. It will be good for other family members to ride it.

I saw that same video... what I like is that the Step's pedals are 2 inches lower than the standard. While he was saying that is helpful for shorter riders, that is also helpful for taller riders because you don't need to raise the seat as high to get a better extension.

How is pedaling on PAS-0? I'm hoping to be able to use this bike non-power assisted. I imagine it's similar to riding a BMX... more pedal rotations due to the smaller wheels.
Not sure how pedal assist zero is. Don’t have my bike yet, I’m sure others can chime in.Due to the smaller wheels it have some torque to it when compared to an Ebike with 26 in wheels and it should be fun to ride.i plan to use mine for pure pleasure and use throttle as most as I can.Ill be using some pedal assist when going uphill but other than that it’ll be used like an electric scooter. I have my pedal beach cruiser and the gym for exercise if I want.

Not sure how pedal assist zero is. Don’t have my bike yet, I’m sure others can chime in.Due to the smaller wheels it have some torque to it when compared to an Ebike with 26 in wheels and it should be fun to ride.i plan to use mine for pure pleasure and use throttle as most as I can.Ill be using some pedal assist when going uphill but other than that it’ll be used like an electric scooter. I have my pedal beach cruiser and the gym for exercise if I want.

Pedal assist zero is fine as long as you are on a flat stretch or decline. Any uphill grade on PAS zero is no bueno. IMHO, this bike was designed for at least PAS 1

I am 80 yrs old and ordered a white step thru that is supposed to do sometime in March. I'm no longer sad flexible as I once was so the step thru should be perfect.

If you end up getting two bikes, get two STs (or not) and you can share batteries. My Lectric XP ST is a tank.

The Lectric XP Step Thru is a plush beast and works for any gender. For me the crank axis geometry, being a little further back than on our Qualisports Dolphin, makes it feels more "cruisey" than sporty.

IMG_4499.jpg

I ordered a step thru. Was told 7 weeks for delivery. Asked how to get one sooner. Response was the standard XP would be delivered 3 - 4 weeks sooner. Hoping to get standard XP by early June at the latest.

Back