A little cautionary advice about an ebike kit sold on Amazon

HansTrio

Region
USA
Not too long ago I bought a Schuck 48v 1000watt kit from an Amazon seller called Enjoy Cycling Store.

The kit took about 2 months to arrive. No problem there.

The problems started when I discovered the wheel was bent when I received it.
There are other reviews on Amazon stating they also received bent or misshapen wheels.

Upon contacting the seller I was told I could PAY to send the wheel back and then PAY for another to be sent.
The cost to send the rim back exceeded to total cost of the kit.

Later the seller dropped the return requirement but still insisted I pay for the shipping for a replacement.

Ultimately, I got absolutely no consideration from Enjoy Cycling Store. It was left up to me to figure out how to resolve this issue.
I have not ridden the ebike for two months now as I try to find a way to correct the manufacturing defect.

In addition, the seller pulled a sneaky and changed the return period for the item to 10 days instead of 30.
I was unaware that a SELLER could do this as I thought it was set by Amazon. Apparently Amazon cares greatly for it's
Chinese vendors and lets them work the system to their advantage.

One final thing.....I left a review on Amazon (having purchased the kit) to explain this and I guess Amazon
would not show my review which pretty much was the same as explained here.

That said, other than the defective bent rim, the kit seems ok.
Purchase with caution understanding that the seller is not exactly consumer friendly.

Good luck

WOW!! Ebikeling on Amazon shipped a kit and it arrived in 3 days. I'm pleasantly surprised by how nice their setup is.

I've issues a couple times 3rd party sellers on Amazon (including fulfillment by the seller as well as fulfillment by Amazon). Each time Amazon customer service stepped up and made it right by issuing refunds or significant adjustments without me even having to return the item.

Ordering anything from China direct on Amazon is amazingly cheap because of the favored shipping rates they have with the USPS that are subsidized with US taxes, not to mention import tax relief. I get similar benefit here in Japan because they import a lot resulting in bargain shipping rates on the return trip to Japan. Going the other way is obscenely expensive however. Getting any kind of return or refund is also difficult

I like using Skype to harass Chinese vendors when I have issues because many times their business phone sits on a table in the kitchen.

Funny story - A Japanese businessman handled a bad business deal with a Chinese partner by sending him sex toys a few times in the mail. The local party inspects any incoming parcels and apparently the Chinese guy was labeled a moral deviant and banned from doing international business.

Ordering anything from China direct on Amazon is amazingly cheap because of the favored shipping rates they have with the USPS that are subsidized with US taxes, not to mention import tax relief. I get similar benefit here in Japan because they import a lot resulting in bargain shipping rates on the return trip to Japan. Going the other way is obscenely expensive however. Getting any kind of return or refund is also difficult

I like using Skype to harass Chinese vendors when I have issues because many times their business phone sits on a table in the kitchen.

Funny story - A Japanese businessman handled a bad business deal with a Chinese partner by sending him sex toys a few times in the mail. The local party inspects any incoming parcels and apparently the Chinese guy was labeled a moral deviant and banned from doing international business.
If only that would work for our politicians, but then there are already so many ´moral deviants´.
it would leave a huge void in the senate.

Except for the rim warble....it seems like a pretty good kit.
I'm probably gonna build one of those rim straighteners I've seen on YouTube by OZCycles.

Was it "worth" the $800 - $900 difference?

For me probably since I'm gifted with the ability to repair most anything. For others.....undecided.
Depending on how long the motor and electronics last. 1 year.....meh......2 years I'm good........3 years....HOT DANG!.......anything beyond that...... I'd do it again

It works well and I think I've hit like almost 60kph on flat ground with little trouble.

Since there are other Amazon reviews that complained about the bent rim problem, it seems it wasn't just my kit.
The packing was not damaged and arrived well packed and protected.
Maybe I bent it? Maybe, but I don't think so.

Battery is sittin here looking at me going....."Wass up man, when we gonna ride ???"

Back