We are Motiv Electric Bikes

Motiv is still relatively new to the electric bike community, and our Motiv has always been to bring a unique quality experience to our customer.

Creating a bike is like watching a child grow, and we take great pride in our craftsmanship. Whether it's a gear switching with key precision or the smile immediately seen when a rider experiences their first throttle, we live for it all.

We offer the latest technology with functional and fashionable designs that are sure to keep riders relevant. We tested our bikes until we had it right. This led to many sleepless nights as designs have had to be modified, changed and perfected.

Our fleet has recently expanded to three bikes. The "Spark" was an idea shot off in the dark to provide a standard beach cruiser frame with the twist throttle to annihilate any hill that presents a challenge. Next, the "Sleek" is a traditional step-thru which combines functionality with agility. Zipping through neighborhoods has never looked so stylish plus it packs a punch with that twist throttle. Finally we are excited with the launch of "Shadow". Forged deep in the Motiv laboratory, Shadow enters the light to bring riders the latest revolution in the e-bike community. With its matte frame and pedal-assist technology, people won't know Shadow is approaching until they are left in the dark.

Because we are bike enthusiasts, we combined the best elements out of every bike we have ever ridden to perfect our product. We feel privileged to bring our customers a unique and refined line of electric bike.

We would not do this if we did not have them in mind. We want customers to be completely satisfied when they use our bikes. We created our color customization options because we knew that's what the people wanted. We haven't met all our customers yet, but we can't wait to.

We are already having tons of fun with our Motiv electric bikes. Now it is time to get motorized and join us in the excitement outside!

What will your Motiv be?

### | 800-679-3673
email | [email protected]
website | www.motivelectricbikes.com
facebook | www.facebook.com/MotivElectricBikes

Hi there. I'm finding the seat on my Spark a bit uncomfortable toward the front. Might it help to tilt it forward a tad?

Hi there. I'm finding the seat on my Spark a bit uncomfortable toward the front. Might it help to tilt it forward a tad?

Screenshot_2015-04-13-11-54-46~2.jpg

Steve, I would be very careful before suggesting that saddle to anyone.
It looks comfy but it has serious drawbacks. There have been many cases where improper fitting saddle or wrong design have led to nerve damage near the sensitive regions.
I'm no doctor but our neighboring lab in the university is a kinesiology lab and I have discussed with few people who know better.
Ideally, pressure should be on the sit bones only. The saddle pic you posted looks unsafe to me (in the long term and if you intend to more serious riding).
If you want to ride your RX 29er for 1000+ miles on that saddle, please take a step back and research more. I don't want you to end up with some nerve problem. And there is a reason why brooks saddle gets rave reviews.

Last edited:
Steve, I would be very careful before suggesting that saddle to anyone.
It looks comfy but it has serious drawbacks. There have been many cases where improper fitting saddle or wrong design have led to nerve damage near the sensitive regions.
I'm no doctor but our neighboring lab in the university is a kinesiology lab and I have discussed with few people who know better.
Ideally, pressure should be on the sit bones only. The saddle pic you posted looks unsafe to me (in the long term and if you intend to more serious riding).
If you want to ride your RX 29er for 1000+ miles on that saddle, please take a step back and research more. I don't want you to end up with some nerve problem. And there is a reason why brooks saddle gets rave reviews.

Actually Ravi, I respect you as one of the top members of this board. I have read lots of good advice and words of wisdom from you!

However I believe you are wrong about this issue. Noseless saddles are designed to remove pressure from the area that you are claiming they will put it.

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/bike/saddle.html

I have lots more evidence I can present, but I think if you look into it a little more you will agree that you judged too soon.

Also, there's a certain degree of stigma attached. Please don't fall prey to that!

http://www.zdnet.com/article/the-no-nose-bike-saddle-faces-a-marketing-problem/

Also I would like to mention that you are asking me not to recommend noseless saddles, I would like to ask YOU not to recommend saddles WITH a nose. Indeed there's a reason they get rave reviews: lots of money is spent promoting them, racing teams, advertising ... not because they're better, especially not for older riders.

No doubt long narrow racing saddles are the best design .... for racing ...but many of my baby boomer colleagues are not on professional racing teams!

Edit add on: George has it right in his post above. Ravi. The saddle type I'm recommending actually puts you on your sit bones and removes pressure from the very nerves that concern you. The nose is what does the harm.

I think there's also a movement on this board to promote firmer saddles vs the cushy soft ones ... and I totally AGREE with that. The softer saddles spread out the pressure into the areas where we don't want it, a firmer saddle is much better.

Take a look at my saddle again, maybe because its wide, you think it's one of those over-cushy saddles, but that's not the point... the point is it has no point! ;)

For many people, especially older riders, a (firm) saddle with no nose is much more healthy. ISM is a leader in this field, and although I have not purchased one of their saddles yet, I am strongly considering it. My current saddle is an inexpensive noseless product made by Schwinn, but it is still giving me the HEALTHIEST and most comfortable bike riding I have had in years.

Last edited:
It's now March 2021 & I hope you still reply to our questions on here. I bought a new STASH model. How do I order an additional battery if NOT from the retailer I got my bike from? Motiv sells them directly, I assume, right? So how do I order from you? On your official site, there's nothing listed under DEALERS to check around w/ others. Is the 36v/350 watt battery the only type you sell for the STASH? I'd like to get a more powerful one for more speed & to go a longer distance. What other batteries do you have & what are the prices? Thanks a lot for answering & if any other posters here happen to know, please let me know &/or don't hesitate to PM me.

Back