Zen Electric Bikes in the News / Media

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
Hello Zen Riders and other EBR enthusiasts,

We will be opening the pre-order for our Shakti bike and we are on track for the production of our premium models by the end of April 2022.
We wanted to reach out to the wider E-biking community and let them know of this product offering - something that is built right here in Canada (Bosch-powered premium bikes). One of the great privileges we have is working with great scientists, advisors, and investors.

Recently, a local news agency published this story about our company and the involvement of Dr.Dahn.
We are fortunate to be working these scientists and we are eager to deliver a very positive experience to our customers in the coming weeks.

1648144321377.png

The Government of Canada has made an investment in Zen Electric Bikes for the development of Long-lifetime batteries for E-bikes.

We are committed to advancing the technology and building batteries for everyone on the market. We greatly appreciate their support.

“Canadian entrepreneurs are the driving force of innovation in our country, turning ideas into opportunities and leading us toward a more sustainable and prosperous future. With the support of SDTC’s Seed Fund program, we are standing side-by-side these innovative start-ups as they advance our position as a global leader in clean technology and ensure our success on the path to a net-zero carbon economy.”
– The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Innovation, Science, and Industry
“Supporting innovation at all stages is critical for Canada to seize the opportunities of the Net Zero economy. Today’s seed funding recipients give us a window on the kinds of technologies that global markets are looking for. SDTC is proud to support these entrepreneurs as they move on to the next stage of their journey.”
– Leah Lawrence, President, and CEO of SDTC

EBR's review of the Zen Samurai.
We are excited to see that, Court, arguably one of the most experienced folks in the E-bike industry thinks highly of the product we have designed and built.
I am sure many of our customers would think the same in the coming months.

Last edited:
Ravi, just wanted to wish you continued success on this journey. I enjoy your involvement in the forums and your expertise. What with the pandemic and world wide supply issues and starting and building a company at same time, it must have been a really difficult period. Court's review and the bikes look great - good looking and with high quality, well integrated/well thought out components. Best of luck going forward.

Ravi, just wanted to wish you continued success on this journey. I enjoy your involvement in the forums and your expertise. What with the pandemic and world wide supply issues and starting and building a company at same time, it must have been a really difficult period. Court's review and the bikes look great - good looking and with high quality, well integrated/well thought out components. Best of luck going forward.

Many thanks for your kind words. Really appreciate it.
It's been a long and tough 2 years to get all the supply chain issues sorted out but we are excited to offer high-quality bikes and bring long-lasting batteries to the N.American market.

That was my real question , how is the Shakti coming along….look forward to the update. I can’t find it on your website?

Last edited:
That was my real question , how is the Shakti coming along….look forward to the update. I can’t find it on your website?

The bikes are here, and we are making some upgrades. We hope to have GPS functionality, and it is being tested right now.
What are your thoughts on GPS + vehicle tracking option as a safety feature that users could purchase as an upgrade?

Speaking for myself, my iPhone has a tracking feature which allows my wife, using her iPhone, to track me. It works flawlessly. Anything else would just be redundant at best. A simple Apple airbag would serve as a backup also.

My thoughts on tracking is it must include “everywhere” or it isn’t good enough for serious tracking . Cell signal only won’t make my wife happy after my incident. Others may not need this extreme but I do. Also since we have multiple bikes I am not sure I want to do this on per bike setup.

The bikes are here, and we are making some upgrades. We hope to have GPS functionality, and it is being tested right now.
What are your thoughts on GPS + vehicle tracking option as a safety feature that users could purchase as an upgrade?
Redundant being an iPhone user.

Back