Simple question on Vado cable routing

BurroBabe

Region
USA
City
Chemung, NY
I realize this will make me seem pretty stupid to most of you but I don't want to take any chances. I noticed when I was going out for my first real ride that the left brake cable was flopping around and not secured to another cable by an obvious clip. It was also arching over my headlight then running down through the front of the fork between the fork and the wheel before reaching the brake assembly. It looks definitely dangerously close to catching on the spokes. It doesn't seem logical to me that it should run that way but, if it does, there appears to be a holder for that cable on the front left fork. I hope the photos I took are clear enough. I assume I should run that cable through that holder but I'm not sure what other cable it should be clipped to with the movable hard plastic clip. Can someone help me here?; even just a photo of where it runs on your Vado 4.0 will do it for me. Thanks for your help
1000007385.jpg
1000007389.jpg
1000007388.jpg

I realize this will make me seem pretty stupid to most of you but I don't want to take any chances. I noticed when I was going out for my first real ride that the left brake cable was flopping around and not secured to another cable by an obvious clip. It was also arching over my headlight then running down through the front of the fork between the fork and the wheel before reaching the brake assembly. It looks definitely dangerously close to catching on the spokes. It doesn't seem logical to me that it should run that way but, if it does, there appears to be a holder for that cable on the front left fork. I hope the photos I took are clear enough. I assume I should run that cable through that holder but I'm not sure what other cable it should be clipped to with the movable hard plastic clip. Can someone help me here?; even just a photo of where it runs on your Vado 4.0 will do it for me. Thanks for your helpView attachment 182145View attachment 182146View attachment 182147
My 5.0 doesn’t have a screw but it’s in the same place

Attachments

• IMG_2971.jpeg
    IMG_2971.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 11
It appears the empty clamp is for the brake cable. For some reason they never show the right side of bikes in photos.

Last edited:
That should be clamped. That's probably a LBS item when they assemble the bike, so it depends on the quality of your LBS.

Back