Announcement & Update on EBR Ownership

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone!

Many of you have probably seen the announcement we made via YouTube just about an hour ago. If not, you can watch the announcement here:

With the sale of EBR, Court wanted us to share the following with everyone:

------------------------------------------
"After many fun and exciting years of building the Electric Bike Review community, it's time to move on to my next adventure in life. It has been exciting to watch the industry grow since founding ElectricBikeReview.com in 2010 and contributing to that expansion. As the industry continues to flourish, I look forward to seeing the website evolve and progress along with it.

After careful consideration, I chose to handover the future of ElectricBikeReview.com to new owners, Justin Taylor and Michael Clark. You may have heard of them, as they are the owners of ElectricBikeReport.com. I chose to work with Michael and Justin based on what I have seen them accomplish with Electric Bike Report over the last 4 years. I have high hopes and expectations that they will take good care of ElectricBikeReview.com and the amazing community everyone has built here.

While their team has begun handling day-to-day operations, I will be helping them out to ensure a smooth transition.

It has been great being part of the amazing community here, I wish you all the best going forward.

Thank you!"

-Court

As new owners of EBR, we want to wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors and also give him a big 'thank you' for everything he has done to this community. Please let him know in the comments how he'll be missed. Also, please let us know if there are things you would like to see us improve on and do differently. We are always open for new ideas and want to make sure we can keep being a great resource for everyone here.

Damn, Court, I used to love the Let’s Ride series you used to do… like that great one down in Baja (with Moni, for that matter), among a few others. You really built something excellent here, including a user forum that has somehow managed to not collapse under its own weight as times and members change. Best of luck in whatever you get up to next, and thanks so much.

@Gionnirocket, This means that you are on the Administrative Watch List. Oh, speaking of the aforementioned salad tossing and being on the Administrative Bad Boy List, I found out that there is a holding cell next to that courtroom on the same floor. So that guy could spend a weekend there and show up Monday morning without hairspray or shoelaces. I hope he brings a harmonica because phones aren't allowed and the acoustics will be good. A friend was on his reality show in 2007.

Last edited:
@Gionnirocket, This means that you are on the Administrative Watch List. Oh, speaking of the aforementioned salad tossing, I found out that there is a holding cell next to that courtroom on the same floor. So that guy could spend a weekend there and show up Monday morning without hairspray or shoelaces. I hope he brings a harmonica because phones aren't allowed. A friend was on his reality show in 2007.
I've never not been on the Administrative Watch List. 🙃

I hope it's not too cold in there for him... You see how cranky he gets when the room is too cold.

Congrats to Justin and team for taking over this thing Court built. Those are tough shoes to fill.

Gonna miss Court, no doubt. Been around here since 2016, waiting for every review Court did. Along the way, he introduced us to @Ravi Kempaiah and his long distance ebike cycling exploits that won him a Guiness World Record along the way....... along with a long term coast to coast relationship with @Chris Nolte who was with Court to show us the latest and greatest from Riese and Muller. Court and Chris did more for R&M's presence in the US than anyone else, what with Court's reviews here. Sam @Fullerton Ebike's presented the new Haibikes for Court to review. Sam's retirement from the ebike scene was missed by this reader, for sure. Then there was the crew from @Amego Electric Vehicles in Canada, when Court moved north of the border.

With apologies to the new management, there was nobody who was a better ambassador for promoting Ebikes than Court. It was through his thorough reviews of the Haibike FatSix, Full FatSix and Felt Outfitter that I bought a FFS from Crazy Lenny (another big ebike player who has retired from the ebike game, though his business still lives on......but it ain't the same as the heyday when Lenny was running that show).

I hope Court is not a stranger to the site he built with his blood, sweat and tears.....

Always got a kick out of Court wearing his bicycle helmet no matter where he went, as well as his trademark cotton shirt and his constant complaining if the bike he was reviewing was short of eyelets for water bottle holders.....:D

Thanks for everything you've done, Court!

I've never not been on the Administrative Watch List. 🙃

I hope it's not too cold in there for him... You see how cranky he gets when the room is too cold.
It will be cold and very quiet. SS will be in the hall outside 24/7. So that it is not solitary, they could provide a large iron pumping butch roommate from the city jail for the weekend to play cards with and read the bialtitudes to, toss salads together, and the perfect echo chamber to play harmonica duets with. Orange Dude Blues.

Hello everyone!

Many of you have probably seen the announcement we made via YouTube just about an hour ago. If not, you can watch the announcement here:

"After many fun and exciting years of building the Electric Bike Review community, it's time to move on to my next adventure in life. It has been exciting to watch the industry grow since founding ElectricBikeReview.com in 2010 and contributing to that expansion. As the industry continues to flourish, I look forward to seeing the website evolve and progress along with it.

After careful consideration, I chose to handover the future of ElectricBikeReview.com to new owners, Justin Taylor and Michael Clark. You may have heard of them, as they are the owners of ElectricBikeReport.com. I chose to work with Michael and Justin based on what I have seen them accomplish with Electric Bike Report over the last 4 years. I have high hopes and expectations that they will take good care of ElectricBikeReview.com and the amazing community everyone has built here.

While their team has begun handling day-to-day operations, I will be helping them out to ensure a smooth transition.

It has been great being part of the amazing community here, I wish you all the best going forward.

Thank you!"

-Court

As new owners of EBR, we want to wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors and also give him a big 'thank you' for everything he has done to this community. Please let him know in the comments how he'll be missed. Also, please let us know if there are things you would like to see us improve on and do differently. We are always open for new ideas and want to make sure we can keep being a great resource for everyone here.
Welcome, Justin & Michael. I have been a member ever since I got my 1st e-bike
Hello everyone!

Thank you!"

-Court

Welcome, Justin & Michael. I've only been a member for a few years, but I have watched tons of Courts bike reviews that helped me out when looking for a new bike and one for my wife. I wonder if he will keep his Helmet on during his retirement from EBR? (Never think I've seen him without it)

Back