Jack Rabbit XG vs Lectric XL Lite

geekeasy

Region
USA
I'm looking on trading in a 1200cc Harley for an electric bike. My primary uses cases will be running errands around town and taking the bike on BART (SF Bay's Metro). And, as I live on a boat, having something which is super light and small is very important.

Does anyone have experience with and thoughts on these two bikes (though technically the Jack Rabbit isn't a bike) and any advice on choosing between them? Also, are there any other super small light bikes under $2k which I missed?

JackRabbit will have less utility, and far less range. It's a really tiny vehicle without pedals.

I would consider the Lectric against the REI Co-op cargo bikes (54 lbs).

Upgrade picks are the Carbo (33 lbs), and the Tern Quick Haul (50 lbs).

Whatever you get, you'll want it to have a rear rack, fenders, and lights.

I have a weird fascination with the Jack Rabbit XG, the dual battery model. But the Lectric is a proven ebike. If you just wanna bump around and buying one for a last mile type purchase I'd go Jack Rabbit. If you want exercise then consider the Lectric. That's my 2 cents.

I have a weird fascination with the Jack Rabbit XG, the dual battery model. But the Lectric is a proven ebike. If you just wanna bump around and buying one for a last mile type purchase I'd go Jack Rabbit. If you want exercise then consider the Lectric. That's my 2 cents.
Same. These pop up here and there around town. Seems like it would do really well on flat ground, but I bet I could burn the 300 wh battery down in no time on the hills near me. Would be surprised if it did more than 10 miles. Maybe there are some online range tests. Edit: and there are..

Back