What about better crank set for Turbo Vado 4?

rackhax

Region
USA
I have some issues with the largest gear near the pedals, apologies I am not quite familiar with all the proper part terms. The gears in the rear are fine but a few times the chain has popped out of the large on by the pedals. Do you recommend a replacement of the crank set?

I have some issues with the largest gear near the pedals, apologies I am not quite familiar with all the proper part terms. The gears in the rear are fine but a few times the chain has popped out of the large on by the pedals. Do you recommend a replacement of the crank set?
If it is a Praxis CHAINRING then you must affix the chain to the ring in a certain order. There will be a diagram printed on the chainring. Photo please?

You probably mean chainring, the large sprocket by the crank.

You cannot and should not replace the crankset as the cranks on your e-bike are not directly connected to the chainring.

One of the possibilities for the "chain drop from the chainring" is – as @mfgrep suggested – a wrong alignment of the chain on the chainring teeth (easily correctable). The other could be the derailleur misalignment. Or even a dirty and not maintained chain.

You probably mean chainring, the large sprocket by the crank.

You cannot and should not replace the crankset as the cranks on your e-bike are not directly connected to the chainring.

One of the possibilities for the "chain drop from the chainring" is – as @mfgrep suggested – a wrong alignment of the chain on the chainring teeth (easily correctable). The other could be the derailleur misalignment. Or even a dirty and not maintained chain.
Yes. This. One day my English will be as good as Stefan's. He is far more eloquent! :)

Yes. This. One day my English will be as good as Stefan's. He is far more eloquent! :)
Thank you Jason. Your nice compliment is a real reward for my 48 years of hard English learning! I must say I've got the biggest boost in my written English capabilities thanks to these Fora...

Back