Shimano Inter-5 vs Enviolo

Blue80

Region
USA
Hello everyone, first post. I have not yet even touched an e-bike but have decided that I would like to get one. After doing a ton of research, I have settled on the Priority Current via the Costco Next program. However, I am undecided between the Shimano and Enviola options. I watched Priority's video about it and have tried to read anything I can find (including an earlier thread in this forum). While I understand the technical differences, I am having difficulty understanding the impact of the differences in real life. I understand the Enviolo has a wider range, but is that range normally used? Where I live, I have to ride up a couple of short but steep hills. On a non-electric bike, I can barely do it and sometimes give up and walk. I am hoping that an e-bike can make this easier. Otherwise, almost all of my riding would be on flat or nearly flat roads. Would one or the other be better in these circumstances?

Thanks for any advice!

I just switched to a mid-drive from a hub drive, thinking I was more of a bicyclist that it appears that I really am. The mid-drive requires a lot of shifting, so I am working on getting better at this again.
If I had my druthers, though, I'd prefer the auto shifting of the Enviolo as I know I'm still in the wrong gear most of the time. If I had something that could do that for me, wow, that would be awesome!

Back