Lectric One

leehop71

Region
USA
City
Cape Coral
Has anyone purchased the new Lectric One?

It looks similar to the XP3, but with many different features.

It has a belt drive opposed to a chain!

It has a gear box in the pedal area which can be configured to ‘automatic’!

When you stop pedaling it changes gears according to your speed and PAS!!

It also has a configuration that makes it go crazy fast!

I own an EXP3 which meets all my needs, and this Lectric One is really a commuter IMHO!

I am retired and have no commuting agenda and when I do go to stores I ride my Denago City 1 bike!

Would love to hear some feedback and opinions!

I'm waiting for real world reviews. Do you really have to stop pedaling to upshift? I hope not, that's annoying and stupid. I think all the "influencers" that got invited to the pre-launch don't know how to use the Pinion transmission. I don't fully understand it myself. So I'm waiting as well.....

I'm waiting for real world reviews. Do you really have to stop pedaling to upshift? I hope not, that's annoying and stupid. I think all the "influencers" that got invited to the pre-launch don't know how to use the Pinion transmission. I don't fully understand it myself. So I'm waiting as well.....
The review I watched on YouTube indicated so with the stop pedaling auto shift. There may be more to it than that.

You know more about these bikes than I do. I have no interest in it already having the XP3.

It's a very interesting bike. Lots of hype right now, but it deserves a good look. Not my style of bike, and I don't need another commuter per say, but it has enough features I might be swayed. Wating to see if they announce the larger 960Wh battery or if they have scrapped that idea. I would need 3 ~900Wh of the large batteries for a real test, and that might be too expensive for this style of bike. Still this bike is shaking things up.

Seems like a strange setup. Why put a robust expensive drive train on a hub drive e-bike? Hub drive e-bikes barely put any strain on the drive train anyway.
On the other hand, end user adjustable automatic shifting will allow the bike to be set for the peddling cadence and peddle assist the rider is comfortable with. The rider won't even need to know how to shift. Theroretically, the bike should be almost maintenance free except tires and brakes if the automatic shifting proves to be reliable; so that will appeal to some.
If only they could do a mid-drive motor, gates belt, and automatic internal gear hub for the same price....... Then they would be e-bike gods, are you listening Levi?

It makes sense if you think about it. If your gearbox is mid drive then you are multiplying the strain on the belt or chain when in a lower gear. Gearing and motor in the wheel and you do not any more strain on the chain than a normal bike.

It makes sense if you think about it. If your gearbox is mid drive then you are multiplying the strain on the belt or chain when in a lower gear. Gearing and motor in the wheel and you do not any more strain on the chain than a normal bike

Looks like the 900+ Wh battery option mentioned in one of the preview videos is not going to happen any time soon. Very sad, maybe a 3rdParty offering will appear.

To get this model at the $2000 mark, it's obvious that Lectric had to buy a boat load of pinion gearboxes and carbon belt drives, so I would expect to a see a lot of marketing focus on this model.There is NO competition at this price point, so I think that Lectric just may pull off getting into the black on this model sooner than later as the market scrambles to adjust to this block buster offering. There is a lot to say about volume buying power which Lectric now has over their competition. Well done Lectric...now bring me a new XP Lite 2.0 to market with a carbon belt drive under $900 and watch them fly off the shelves.

ill have to try and find one to ride, i'm a big fan of lectric's bikes but the times ive ridden an XP3 I've found the steering to be a bit un-natural with the shorter straight bar setup. It feels a little too easy to "jack-knife" on sharp turns. I do find it quite comfortable to ride on straight aways but the short sharp turning radius feels unsafe to me with the straight bar. I have heard/seen a few people lay theirs down too more than other e-bikes.

Any details on this statement from this article?

"Finally, while it will not be available at launch, a third “Max Pack” option will be offered for a price of $2,399. This massive battery (perhaps a dual-battery option?) will have a capacity of 912 Wh – and if the math checks out, a maximum range of 80-ish miles."

The way Lectric has the ONE listed on their site it looks like you get the "upgraded" Pinion drive ($1,499) and Gates belt ($200) as a free upgrade. Very strange way to market it. So when the "sale"is over are we going to a regular Tourney 7 speed with chain drive? Again, very weird way to market your new model.

The way Lectric has the ONE listed on their site it looks like you get the "upgraded" Pinion drive ($1,499) and Gates belt ($200) as a free upgrade. Very strange way to market it. So when the "sale"is over are we going to a regular Tourney 7 speed with chain drive? Again, very weird way to market your new model.
If Lectric were to try selling that ONE model at $1700 more than the current "sale/freebee" price...they wouldn't sell very many. They are obviously looking at VOLUME selling to get back to being in the red on this new model.

If Lectric were to try selling that ONE model at $1700 more than the current "sale/freebee" price...they wouldn't sell very many. They are obviously looking at VOLUME selling to get back to being in the red on this new model.
Oh, I know the marketing strategy. I was telling a co-worker about it and he looked it up on his phone and didn't understand the "free" upgrades during the "sale". I don't blame Lectric at all for showing off what they accomplished at that price point. Again, I'll wait for real rider reviews when it gets in the hands of owners. I'm watching it as a possible commuter down the road.

My only issue with all the new model ebikes is I don't want to have to link it to my phone with an app. Call me a Luddite but everything should be able to be adjusted from the display screen. If you make it right the first time I shouldn't need to fine-tune it further with an app. Other than that the ONE fits my needs.

I ride my ebike for ease of use. Yes, I want to get exercise when I want it but I find cadence works best for me. Since my commute is flat the 6 gear "spread" mentioned for the ONE is perfect for me and finally it has a throttle. At the same time I started riding my XP 3.0 again. The XP is a great ebike MINUS the cumbersome battery removal. Oh, and I had to drop a car off for a service, but why does that matter you ask? I folded the XP and stuck it in the trunk. It was easy to fit in there.

Any details on this statement from this article?

"Finally, while it will not be available at launch, a third “Max Pack” option will be offered for a price of $2,399. This massive battery (perhaps a dual-battery option?) will have a capacity of 912 Wh – and if the math checks out, a maximum range of 80-ish miles."

I reached out to Lectric about this a couple weeks back, as some preliminary reviews mentioned a larger battery option. They were very evasive and unwilling to discuss it, confirm it, or deny it. They just kept pointing me to their available battery options. I was unimpressed with their customer response given it was stated on their company paid for pre-product promotions. I'm more cautious on the company now dispite their past success and reputation, success and big money is a strong force.

Last edited:
Back