1UP-USA 1.25” Quick Rack for E-MTB

Buslaw10

Region
USA
Hi everyone, I currently have a 1UP-USA quick rack on my car. I drive a Toyota Camry and have a class II hitch that has a 1.25” receiver. My question is has anyone here use the quick rack to carry a bike that is around 53lbs? The quick rack specs said max weights it can carry is 50lb.

The reason why I’m asking this question is because i have used my buddy’s 1UP-USA super duty which is rated for 75lbs. But I have to has a 1.25” to 2” hitch adapter. The adapter adds about 6.25” to the hitch on top of the length of the super duty rack. It sits at least 12” away from the rear bumper. Is this safe?

Hi everyone, I currently have a 1UP-USA quick rack on my car. I drive a Toyota Camry and have a class II hitch that has a 1.25” receiver. My question is has anyone here use the quick rack to carry a bike that is around 53lbs? The quick rack specs said max weights it can carry is 50lb.

The reason why I’m asking this question is because i have used my buddy’s 1UP-USA super duty which is rated for 75lbs. But I have to has a 1.25” to 2” hitch adapter. The adapter adds about 6.25” to the hitch on top of the length of the super duty rack. It sits at least 12” away from the rear bumper. Is this safe?
Late response but: Is it possible to remove the battery from your ebike prior to mounting on the rack? If removable....this is your answer. If not....your bike exceeds the limit and you carry at your own risk.

The general basic rule of thumb is tongue weight is around 10% of the tow weight: 1000lbs tow weight = 100lbs of tongue weight. This also depends on the type of vehicle, suspension, number of passengers, and how much cargo weight (hatch, back seat, or roof box). Any extra weight will reduce tow and tongue weight.

Using 12 inches or less hitch extension can take up to 25% off the tongue weight: 1000lbs tow weight + 12" hitch extension = 75lbs tongue weight for rack+ebike.

I had a smaller SUV with a 1500lbs tow weight (150lbs tongue weight). The standard OEM hitch for my vehicle was 1.25" and I needed to add an extension with a 2" adaptor for my bike rack. I went to eTrailer.com and found an aftermarket 2" hitch and didn't have to worry about extension+adaptor for the max 150lbs tongue weight.

I carry my Espin Sport and Aventon Level 2 both on my quick rack 1.25 single. Both bikes weigh approx 60-65 lbs. Rock solid for the last couple of years. I usually do not remove the batteries.

Back