Problem with new saddle fitting

Antbrewer

I have a Synapse Neo 1 ebike. Wonderful bike. However today I wanted to fit a new Brookes saddle and found that the bracket didn't accommodate the saddle rails beneath. Has anyone else had a similar problem I have tightened the bracket as much as possible but feel the rails of the saddle itself does not sit securely.

I have a Synapse Neo 1 ebike. Wonderful bike. However today I wanted to fit a new Brookes saddle and found that the bracket didn't accommodate the saddle rails beneath. Has anyone else had a similar problem I have tightened the bracket as much as possible but feel the rails of the saddle itself does not sit securely.
I ride a B17 Imperial (now called Carved, apparently) that has ~20k miles on it. Like the above reddit thread comments, some newcomers to Brooks try to incorrectly mount the saddle. The rails are standard to fit, but Brooks saddles like the B17 have a shorter area on the saddle rails than some other saddles. There aren't any marks on the rails to show max fore and aft. Try installing the saddle centered over the seatpost clamp. With millions of Brooks saddles sold over the last hundred+ years, I don't think it's a common problem as previously stated.

Try a 3-4 mm layer of tightly wound duct tape on each rail just at the clamp points, not the whole rail. I use the black color, so it does not look too cheesy. Solved the issue. If you apply it anywhere other than the clamp points the tape will unwind eventually.

I ride a B17 Imperial (now called Carved, apparently) that has ~20k miles on it. Like the above reddit thread comments, some newcomers to Brooks try to incorrectly mount the saddle. The rails are standard to fit, but Brooks saddles like the B17 have a shorter area on the saddle rails than some other saddles. There aren't any marks on the rails to show max fore and aft. Try installing the saddle centered over the seatpost clamp. With millions of Brooks saddles sold over the last hundred+ years, I don't think it's a common problem as previously stated.

My initial comment was about the saddle post and clamp. I have two other Brooks saddles on my two other bikes with no problems in attaching the rails. The issue is not with Brooks but the Cannondale synapse saddle clamp. I managed to fit it and although I wondered if it would remain in place it appears to have done so. Hopefully until I remove it.

Back