Dost Kope order...NOT going well....Finally the Saga Concludes.

mata2maui

Region
USA

I will post all the info once I receive the bike, but wanted to let members in Hawaii know they are offering FREE shipping to Hawaii! Called them before placing the order to confirm as their system automatically quoted the free shipping, their rep confirmed it and said currently buyers can expect 2-4 week of June shipping, but bikes are in short supply (Kope CVT already on back order). So, if you are considering a Kope or Drop now is the time. I have tested the transmission hub on another bike but prefer the feel of chain/derailer shifting. Understanding that the belt is more durable, and the hub is almost maintenance free compared to a derailer. Another minor consideration is that the Kope comes in two colors, and I prefer the glacial white. I cannot resist 48v/24Ah battery(s) and 750w/1000w combined with great components and design as well as upright comfort. Ordered the extra battery and the disc lock/alarm as well.

can.png

Last edited:
After learning I would be traveling out-of-state for gig work, and after Dost pushed delivery to August, I cancelled this order (11 days after placing it) on 5/15 because I would not be available to take delivery of the bike. Still waiting for the refund to my cc; I will update to let potential customers of Dost know how the process plays out. My plan was to re-order once I know I will be home for their September 2023 shipping window. Most of their models are not available for immediate (or timely) shipping when you order them. It is a relatively small company with nice products, but their production runs appear to be limited. Note the screenshot from Dost's website now showing August shipping.

Web capture_1-6-2023_10111_dostbikes.com.jpeg

Last edited:
Follow-up: I reached out to customer service, see their reply. It has been over two weeks since I cancelled the order by phone on 5/15 and have not received a refund to date.

Web capture_1-6-2023_101640_.jpeg

Last edited:
Spoke with a rep at World Elite Mastercard today, no refund has posted, and no refund is pending on my account. Dost advertises a 100% refund policy on pre-ordered bikes when you "cancel before shipping". Additionally, they offer a 14-day trial period where you can return the bike after receiving it for a full refund less $200 return shipping fee. Most of their models are on back order so most purchases with Dost require the customer to pay in advance and get shipping months later. I assume this is why they advertise a 100% refund if you cancel before shipping, so you feel comfortable paying then waiting a while. Why they would tell me the refund was processed when it was not, and why they would delay issuing the refund this long (19 days and counting) is a mystery to me. Are they having money issues? I have no idea but believe this is relevant information for anyone considering a Dost product.

canvas.png

Last edited:
Follow-up: Never got a reply from Dost regarding what date they issued the refund so called them yet again, only got the AI robot to leave VM. No refund has been issued for 21 days since I cancelled, and they are not responding to my emails...way to go Dost!

Good idea, my goal is a refund instead of revenge but this business practice is unacceptable.

Yesterday I tried one more tactic with Dost before disputing the cc transaction, I emailed customer support yet again but this time I did something I never do: I ranted and raved like a lunatic in all caps, expletives, a threat to sue, etc. and they replied almost immediately, and finally issued the refund. It was issued today and will post on Monday, 27 days after order was cancelled. Unfortunately, I had to become abusive to some person working the front lines for Dosts failure as a company. Why they continued to lie about issuing the refund until now is anyone's guess.
Web capture_7-6-2023_10420_mail.google.com.jpeg
Web capture_7-6-2023_10122_mail.google.com.jpeg

Follow-up: I reached out to customer service, see their reply. It has been over two weeks since I cancelled the order by phone on 5/15 and have not received a refund to date.

View attachment 154999
I ordered and paid in full a DOST bike on 12/18/22 and NEVER DELIVERED SO CANCELLED ORDER ASKED FOR A REFUND, NOTHING. Possible PONZI scheme going on here.

Back