2015 izip e3 peak replacement currie motor.

Peteinnh

Region
USA
City
Hampton Beach NH
Has anyone found a source for a replacement 350watt Currie motor for the 2015 izip e3 peak? (I have no clue why EBR calls it a "tranx")

I know there was a peak model a year newer that had a currie 400watt motor that looks similar. Although I don't know if it will bolt up to where my 350watt currently resides.
I can't find any info on the company or traces of parts for the motor.
I also can't get info on the frame cut out (where the motor mounts) to see if there is another brand of motor that will fit.
I've replaced everything on this bike except for the motor.
Please for God's sake, don't ask me to contact izip because they're as useful as a chocolate tea kettle.

They call it a Trans-X motor because that is the company that made it. It is the same company that made a many of the inexpensive early electric scooters. It is a powerful engine, but the programming and usability isn't as good as name brands like Bosch and Yamaha. I have a Peak with a weak battery. The motor still works. I don't need it. Are you interested in a used one?

They call it a Trans-X motor because that is the company that made it. It is the same company that made a many of the inexpensive early electric scooters. It is a powerful engine, but the programming and usability isn't as good as name brands like Bosch and Yamaha. I have a Peak with a weak battery. The motor still works. I don't need it. Are you interested in a used one?
Absolutely. I'm definitely interested. Is it the 350 watt that came in the 2015 izip e3 peak? I'm disabled and this is my primary mode of transportation and when it goes down I'm kinda screwed.
I'm glad someone who is knowledgeable read my post. Do you know anything about the frame mount for these models? Like; will any other motor fit that space? Is transx still around under a new name?
My bike has 7k miles and I was lucky enough that the first motor STB on year 1 and got replaced and the replacement hasn't given me a lick of trouble. (Yet)
Yesterday I snapped my 9th chain lol

Attachments

• IMG_20231101_203424.jpg
    IMG_20231101_203424.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 62
Also let's talk some horse trading. What type of things are you into possibly I can send you something in return.

I looked up the web site. I guess the spelling is TranzX. They make dropper posts and other things. The motors on the site don't look like they would bolt in. My bike is a Peak from around 2015, but it is the full suspension model. The programming of the TranzX motor makes them break a lot of chains. With normal chains I replace them every 500 miles. I don't know about trading. It isn't necessary. If you take care of the postage I'll send the frame and the motor with all the switches and wiring. I am in the Los Angeles area.

FWIW
shipping a bike isn't particularly easy or cheap. I recently sent my son a mountain bike via bikeflights, it cost over $100+ just for the shipping and that after dismantling the bike and cutting down a bike box to the smallest workable size. I wouldn't have done it except that it was for my son. Cost is based on weight and box dimensions - Moto would have to spend a significant amount of time and effort taking that bike apart, boxing it and sending it. Not to mention sourcing a box (usually free from a bike shop but still would take time and gas $ to pick up). If he had a bike shop box it and send via bikeflights I'm guessing well over $200 total. Bikeflights negotiates much lower shipping rates with UPS than an individual can get. I think when I checked UPS would have charged considerably over double the bikeflights shipping rate. If you just need the motor consider paying Moto to remove it for you and send via UPS or maybe even the USPS one rate box would work depending on size. Good luck.

Would it be possible for you to send me just the motor? I don't have a couple hundred to drop on shipping

If you reply I can give ya my info. I've been looking for a replacement motor for year now.
The guy who said he had one went MIA.
If you do find a source or info on a alternative that fits in the frame let me know. Please
Calling izip is fruitless. They don't know jack s*it or offer any help.

You can get a new one same exact motor from diamond back, there model is 2015 ebike overdrive. You can call them direct , there headquarters is in Washington. Last time I called they wanted 600 plus shipping for a motor....you can Google the bike and see it's same motor...I did the opposite on my end , that's why I'm looking for a izip motor.haha there identical brand make model motor. There's a ebike review on the bike to on you tube ebr review. I'm just trying to get around spending the cash. As for a replacement bafang has one I guess but I'm Leary about the bolt up n plug in part...usually it don't work/fit...and I. That I can't find a video or someone who's done it.

Back