Rear View Mirror for Bike

gizmoboy

Region
USA
Given the backwards slant of the handlebars for the Evelo bikes, I've found each in-handle rearview mirror I've tried so far does not give me a good angle for rear view.

I tried these and these. I just ordered these as another attempt.

Does anyone have a recommendation that would work? There doesn't seem to be enough room on the handlebars for the bolt-on kind...

Last edited:
I have an EVELO Atlas and installed a Hafny Bar End Bike Mirror. I couldn't get the Mirrycle MTB Bar End Mountain Bicycle Mirror to angle out enough.

Attachments

• Mirror.jpg
    Mirror.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 230
Hello @gizmoboy, I think you have what you need. For my Atlas I made a custom assembly using the top half of the Meachow mirror along with the bottom half of the Mirrycle mirror. I'm absolutely delighted, the mirror orientation is in the perfect position and is infinitely adjustable yet firm. Moreover, I've accidentally bumped the custom mirror several times and it's held up well.

Attachments

• IMG_1522.jpeg
    IMG_1522.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1517.jpeg
    IMG_1517.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 214
Hello @gizmoboy, I think you have what you need. For my Atlas I made a custom assembly using the top half of the Meachow mirror along with the bottom half of the Mirrycle mirror. I'm absolutely delighted, the mirror orientation is in the perfect position and is infinitely adjustable yet firm. Moreover, I've accidentally bumped the custom mirror several times and it's held up well.
Interesting -- thanks @gadgetnut!

I've been using the Mirrcycle on my R1Up LMTD ST's swept-back handlebar and it's working okay. Gadgetnut's idea looks cool, though. A word of advice: preassemble (loosely) the Mirrycle at a work table prior to beginning the actual install in the bar, or else good luck finding a tiny screw or washer when (not if) you drop it! ;)

I tried the Bike Peddler helmet-mount mirror for a couple weeks and didn't like it; I had to search for it with my eyes and then move my head just right to get the proper view, and all of that took too long and too much attention away from the path ahead IMO. Plus it would get moved a tad just from setting my helmet down, so every ride required a new adjustment. Bleah.

I have an EVELO Atlas and installed a Hafny Bar End Bike Mirror. I couldn't get the Mirrycle MTB Bar End Mountain Bicycle Mirror to angle out enough.
I also picked up the Hafny mirror for my Atlas and it works quite well (very nice quality). They are $15 thru Amazon. My bike tipped over and mirror got smacked and the plastic stem cracked near the joint. It still functioned but I did use a glob of epoxy to reinforce the cracked stem. The mirror itself was undamaged (it's 2-3/8" diameter).
BUT, I also purchased a twin pack of a very similar design from a Walmart merchant ($12 for 2) that has a slightly larger 2-5/8" mirror and installed one on the wife's Omega. I'm pretty satisfied with this cheaper alternative.

The Serfas mirror below is working well for me. Good field of view -- up to 3 lanes. Would be even better if mounted in the t*****'s spot on the handlebar. Aim drifts a little over time on bumpy trails but easy enough to adjust on the fly.

20230224_105220.jpg

Looks like you
The Serfas mirror below is working well for me. Good field of view -- up to 3 lanes. Would be even better if mounted in the t*****'s spot on the handlebar. Aim drifts a little over time on bumpy trails but easy enough to adjust on the fly.

View attachment 147693
Looks like you're reorganizing your controls on the handlebar. I *really* don't want to do that on this bike as it's barely usable to reach the controlled as it is.

I also picked up the Hafny mirror for my Atlas and it works quite well (very nice quality). They are $15 thru Amazon. My bike tipped over and mirror got smacked and the plastic stem cracked near the joint. It still functioned but I did use a glob of epoxy to reinforce the cracked stem. The mirror itself was undamaged (it's 2-3/8" diameter).
BUT, I also purchased a twin pack of a very similar design from a Walmart merchant ($12 for 2) that has a slightly larger 2-5/8" mirror and installed one on the wife's Omega. I'm pretty satisfied with this cheaper alternative.
I can't get the Hafny to let me see behind me. I mainly see the ground and myself in the most extreme angle it supports.

Looks like you

Looks like you're reorganizing your controls on the handlebar. I *really* don't want to do that on this bike as it's barely usable to reach the controlled as it is.
Sorry, noticed that in your OP after I chimed in.

Definitely a bit of a stretch to my control pad now, but (a) I'm getting used to it with practice, and (b) I use the bike's PAS 1/9 default well over 95% of the time, so not a major inconvenience.

A rear view mirror's a must in my book. Good luck finding one that works for you.

I need mine past the grip or my arm blocks my view. so the mirror has to be mounted on the end of the bar. I wish it did not it gets bumped a lot.

I also use Hafny bar end mirrors. Very sturdy and clear.
I used helmet mirrors for years and the worked great. Only thing they took a little time to adjust properly and get use to but they worked very well.

Back